Decimation

Randalph

EQ2Wire Ambassador
Most needed change for the warlock. If locks could pick one thing and one thing only, this would be it.

Making Decimation worth casting outside of pull and some very niche situations below 36 toxic aura stacks, where its a minor, very minor upgrade over Apocalypse should be an absolute priority.

Last edited:

OnlyMe

I agree Decimation needs some work, its supposed to be an upgrade over Apocalypse but its not really cutting it. It used to share the AA improvements but (afaik) that was removed without explanation years ago, and decimation has been a pain to use ever since.

enotirab

They should just remove Decimation and increase Apoc damage 5x
So, Apoc generally does about 14% of my dps on a long raid fight. Increasing Apoc 5x make warlocks dps increase by 56%. Do you really think we're that far behind? I think we're in an overall great spot right now. I do want our broken mechanics and spells to be fixed, but we should be reasonable.

Last edited:

Silverman1

Eno is right it really is just an issue that deci is not modified by any of the things that modify appoc...theres absolute 0 reason to increase the dmg.... there might be 2 abilities on the lock that could use a little bit of a dps boost and some cast range issue... (rift and cataclysm) but not appoc/deci..

ie the instacast/cast reduction (stacks or aa) and that it doesnt add the effect to reset Focused casting...

This truly is a simple aa fix. its weird that the Lock has 2 abilities that have been replaced by supposedly more powerful abilities post lvl 120... yet both ability are worse..

Easy chnage for deci is as follows --all appoc mods should affect this.
-make its cast time modified by toxic aura stacks (just like appoc --as it repalced appoc)
-give it the same chance to reset focused casting as appoc as well again becuase it replaced appoc)