Dashing Swathe

Brev

As I stated in the other post his xpack has seen a sharp decline in the Swash dps curve from the last several, if this was intentional at least buff what we are known for which is the uncontested king/queen of aoe fights. Make dashing swathe noticeably stronger to put swash back on top in the aoe department when there are multiple mobs. I feel like a buff bot in raid is all anymore. I think a 2x to 3x damage increase would be about right.

Last edited:
I think you're missing the part where rogues are supposed to be a T2? There has definitely been a disconnect in t1 and T2 over past several years. Where everyone was basically a t1. Or maybe I'm missing it. Maybe all the "DPS classes" should be viable for t1.

But sure let's 2x-3x the damage of the 2nd highest parsing ability on the class..

Jrox

I think you're missing the part where rogues are supposed to be a T2? There has definitely been a disconnect in t1 and T2 over past several years. Where everyone was basically a t1. Or maybe I'm missing it. Maybe all the "DPS classes" should be viable for t1.

But sure let's 2x-3x the damage of the 2nd highest parsing ability on the class..
Brev is correct in his assessment. Yes we are T2's. But T2's should not be 50% of T1 DPS. And Coercers should not be matching us.

Samo

When debuffs were meaningful, and T1 classes didn't have exceptional utility (see assassin epic, warlock potency buff/venemous runes), the T2 distinction made sense for rogues. Sure swashes still have an exceptional raid-wide buff, but is that alone worth a 50% hit in DPS from a warlock or assassin, given that only one swash is required in raid for their buff? So anyone claiming that swash DPS should be bad, I think are operating off old assumptions? I thought exaggerated tiering for raid DPS was a problem the community generally agreed upon.

Brigs are a different story altogether (at least from what I've seen), they need a lot of love to bring them into the same discussion. But that's a topic for a different sub-forum.

I don't think anyone wants them to be bad. And in current form they aren't bad. Unless of course it's in a piss poor group then of course they look bad. But then again any class can look bad when not utilized properly..
I think just asking for a 2-3x increase in the top 2 abilities is ridiculous.

Samo

Do you play a swash and if so, do you have better suggestions? It would great if you could create a new thread with your ideas and we can discuss their merits there. Unless you just don't agree on swashes needing buffing, that's a different story.

In my experience with 2 raid teams the swash has regressed significantly from last expac and I think restoring some of that loss is warranted. For the record, I actually do like this idea since blues are the staple of swash identity but your ideas are welcome!

Jrox

I don't think anyone wants them to be bad. And in current form they aren't bad. Unless of course it's in a piss poor group then of course they look bad. But then again any class can look bad when not utilized properly..
I think just asking for a 2-3x increase in the top 2 abilities is ridiculous.
Swashy DPS is terrible unless they are in the absolute perfect group. And in the new Raid-Zone, it rears its ugly head even higher as Swashies on AE fights are still doing terribly. Yes, they have one powerful buff, but even Lucky Gambit and Dashing Swathe are terri-bad in the New Raid-Zone. Everyone just assumes since the Brig is so busted Swashy's don't need anything. They swap from Brig to Swashy and think OH MY this is amazing when in fact it is a mere shadow of what it has been. Getting dumped on by assassins and warlocks sometimes by more than double on the parse in an AE fight. That is not balance, it's a joke.

Dashing Swathe needs to be increased significantly.