Darkpaw Warrens (Solo)

Celestia

I can't burn the pillows to summon that pillow guy named. I have the correct ones I'm pretty sure, since I used Taled's guide to finding everything and the maps, etc.

Is there a bug, or am I doing this wrong?

Taled

The pillows become non-interactable if you've already spawned or killed a name from 'Pillowpaws' group of named - so you probably already killed one or his cohort. So you'll need to do it in a fresh instance - if you can't interact with them in an instance where you havent killed (or spawned) any named, that is a different issue!

(Note - the exception to the 'spawned' rule is Twotooth, as he doesn't count as having being intentionally spawned by your actions. Glag the Gut, if you activate him by pulling Twotooth to him and triggering him from white con NPC mode to active enemy, I assume does count)

Celestia

Ah! Okay thank you! So the first guy Brutus or whatever counts? Or Hamlet? I killed those two. Or is it a trash mob maybe? Either way that is good to know.

I’m assuming it might have something to do with Hamlet as I killed him first.

Taled

Ah! Okay thank you! So the first guy Brutus or whatever counts? Or Hamlet? I killed those two. Or is it a trash mob maybe? Either way that is good to know.

I’m assuming it might have something to do with Hamlet as I killed him first.
Hamlet is a different spawn group from Pillowpaw, but the other nameds in the group with Pillowpaw (the cushion named) are: Brulk Skullcrusher (spawned by crushing skulls), Cracklebones (blow up a wall in the Terramite grotto), Sawmaw (kill skeletons in the grotto), Grotglutton (stand in the pool in the Grotto and dont cure the det), and Klubber/Tundo (Kill all the Garatch Mot Pitfighters in the Grotto)

As Solis said, you likely spawned Brulk by clicking the skulls to get explosive powder.

Bentenn

This is running a close second to chrono dungeons for just being horrible. Lets use the caves from an adventure pack thats like 12 years old and then add Shard of Hate spawns likeness. I seriously just can't believe they've wasted so much dev time on this instead of doing things to fix classes and other bugs. Kinda just disgusted atm to be honest.....

Cusashorn

Lets use the caves from an adventure pack thats like 12 years old and then add Shard of Hate spawns likeness.
19 years. Split launched in the summer of 2005, followed by the first expansion, Desert of Flame. The boss spawning has already been mapped out, and despite Taled's own map efforts, most of us are just waiting for EQ2 Maps to be updated so we can start pinpointing all the mobs and bosses and stuff.

Bentenn

19 years. Split launched in the summer of 2005, followed by the first expansion, Desert of Flame. The boss spawning has already been mapped out, and despite Taled's own map efforts, most of us are just waiting for EQ2 Maps to be updated so we can start pinpointing all the mobs and bosses and stuff.
and needing TS items in zones ... again.. they've been told year in and year out not to do this by the player base and here we are again lol, listening to our playerbase.. oh wait.. not listening lol... and yea 19 years.. even better

Celestia

Yeah I’ve run this zone all of 2 or 3 times total. I agree with Bentenn. This update seems to be a huge waste of time. Tried the heroic 2 one time. It’s just flat out boring. I did the ts zone once for my fox illusion for my construct.

I am glad for the people who are enjoying it, and I’m grateful to the people like Taled who made maps and directions, etc

But I just don’t care for it personally.

docdante

We really enjoy this zone..its fun, crafting, adventuring, a little bit SoH...kinda oldstyle dungeon...great..want more of that stuff...
ok, toons who love evergrind and dont know old eq/eq2 will not have fun...but theres diablo for u

Audric

I find the zone to be ‘crazy’. I finally got around to doing it for the 1st time. I roamed around, not paying attention to where I was so I could find my way out when time. I thought the developers did a great job on it with all the tunnels going up, down and all around. It was enough to give me a headache. Then it hit me that it looked familiar… Splitpaw! I did find my way out after that.

I still like the zone and think they did a great job on it, except being a copy of another zone with different mobs, quests, etc.., I’ve noticed copying zones in other areas as well. I would like to see all freshly designed zones and not copied ones. I do understand that copying makes it easier and more cost effective. I don’t expect current zones to be redesigned either.

There are some unique zones in EQ2 and those make the best ones to explore! You just never know what's around the corner...