Curse of Darkness

Maergoth

You could add a zero or two to this spell and it might be useful sometimes. This is the best place to start for the obvious warlock issues, especially on TLE. There just aren't enough fights where killing linked adds over long periods of time is important, so you have to make them REALLY GOOD AT IT for them to be desired over another class who is marginally worse at that one thing, and significantly better at everything else.

Maergoth

Without unnecessary bolding or italics, I cannot emphasize more how neutered this spell is. It has been ruined for almost the entirety of the server at this point. Not a single person thinks it was a good idea.

Nothing is necessary...

... except a Curse of Darkness fix.

I think this conversation is one of the issues trying to balance between TLE and live servers... I think adjustments to the spell are needed yes. But more necessary than adjustments to Decimation and other as abilities that affect it... No.

While I'd like to have more well rounded cast order the issues of the lock has come down significantly on live simply due to them increasing damage of certain abilities post lvl 126. Silly to me they made the level the thing that "fixed/helped locks" which goes to issues balancing tle vs live again

Imfiredup

You could even just leave the damage alone, proc rate and everything but just make it a constant group buff and it would be better but not overpowered. Just something to make it worth pressing or having active.

Imfiredup

I think this conversation is one of the issues trying to balance between TLE and live servers... I think adjustments to the spell are needed yes. But more necessary than adjustments to Decimation and other as abilities that affect it... No.

While I'd like to have more well rounded cast order the issues of the lock has come down significantly on live simply due to them increasing damage of certain abilities post lvl 126. Silly to me they made the level the thing that "fixed/helped locks" which goes to issues balancing tle vs live again
thats the thing, it is hands down the biggest and most important change for warlocks on tle. They need to figure out how to make changes on live that doesnt affect tle and vice versa.

ultraviolet

This ability suffered at the same time as fury's infusion, and swash's AA dmg proc. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...uids-infusion-on-varsoon.608078/#post-6720700

that is the thread where I talk about (mainly fury's infusion) but the same really applies for Warlock. We should create highs and lows. I do not think it should be a cookie cutter to wizard's frigid gift. The original design was less damage than frigid gift but more damage by a lot on encounters. In its original state everyone benefited, and smart enterprising troubs that communicate with their warlock were the best users.

That's honestly fine with me. In its original form Curse of Darkness + troub encounter spam = the only time a troub is able to top a parse. It required coordination, and the back and forth between the lock and troub benefited the troub to jcap the lock for more curses of darkness.

All of that fun was eliminated with the installation of an internal cooldown. Most "internal cooldowns" were installed as nerfs but the nerfs usually ended up just full on gutting the ability into irrelavant uncastability.

Please note -- this temp buff actually reduces the warlocks parse -- not increases it.