QA In Progress Character invisible on the Select Character screen

Balcerak

For the past week or two my main character does not show up on the Select Character screen. His name is there and I can hit play and everything is fine otherwise. So just something odd. It has happened to another player I know as well.
Server: Skyfire
Char: Balcelot
Happens every time I start the game.
Nobody standing on the pedestal on the page.

Astraia

Yes, it happened to me too. When I log out the character is not there. There's been issue with picture taking for guild recruiting too. The camera takes left top corner of the screen instead of the character's face. It happened since the last update.

MikeBob2023

This happens to my characters also, but I ignore it when it happens (and I usually bypass the character select screen anyway, by using the character select drop-down menu on the launcher).

GrunEQ

It happens to me ever so often, and since it doesn't seem to affect anything and I can log on that character, I just ignore it.

Ratalthor

Staff member
Developer
If you encounter this issue regularly, please PM me your character name and server. Additionally if there are any reproduction steps (e.g. how you are closing the game client) include that as well. Thanks!

Lateana

Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004
This is happening randomly on all five of my accounts. I always camp to desktop when quitting and always use the launcher to bring up the game to see the character select screen. It doesn't seem to be related to any one character or any account, paid or unpaid.

KauaiJim

I have had this happen on rare occasions for some time now. The character I last logged out of will not be there (just the avatar image is missing - the character is still listed and available and displays info on the right). Once I log back into that character and back out again it always seems to be back to normal again, so I assume it is some sort of minor glitch that sometimes happens when the server and client are handshaking during the logout. As already mentioned it seems random, infrequent, temporary and visual only so I too ignore it.

Drona

Its happens to be regularly as well. Name Drona and server is Thurgadin. PM details as well.

Forestchild

I noticed this happened to me once, and I did some digging, and found out when I changed my Resolution/Performance Quality in options, it had only 1 character that didn't show up on the Charracter login screen, but when I switched the Perfomance settings and logged out, and back in, that character was there again, I believe if I remember correctly I was on the Very highest Quality setting. and changed to the 2nd highest. (I mean if you look at the drop-down, you have Balanced and then 3 options above for quality and 3 options below for performance. i was using the top 2 on Quality.

DENSER

It happens to me ever so often, and since it doesn't seem to affect anything and I can log on that character, I just ignore it.
This ∆
Denser, varsoon.
I reconfirm, no impact on the game itself. Except for a toon that doesn't appear on screen selection toons when selected.

Tkia

This is not tied to specific characters or servers. I've seen the issue intermittently over the years and previously I would find multiple characters in the list failed to display randomly.

It's become more common just lately but this time seems to be restricted to the character that is situated in the bottom slot - that's usually the one last logged off. Tonight I did a lot of logging in and out to test UI changes and noticed something. I always logged out with /camp desktop and usually go in via the launcher. I was logging the same toon in and out and she was always missing on the character display, except on one occasion. Then it dawned on me that on one occassion I went in bypassing the launcher. So I tested again by skipping the launcher and sure enough, there she was. Does that provide any clues at all?

Edit: tried a few more things. Went in one one toon, used /camp character to switch then used /camp desktop. This time going in via launcher the bottom 2 were both missing - ie both the toons ~~I had just had in and out. The bottom one reappeared after clicking away and going back, the second one up never did. I also tried just camping to character select and the toon did not vanish. But however I og out when I go back in bypassing the launcher no toons fail to display.

Last edited:

Rupee

Yes, it happened to me too. When I log out the character is not there. There's been issue with picture taking for guild recruiting too. The camera takes left top corner of the screen instead of the character's face. It happened since the last update.
Yes.. thanks for mentioning it! I saw a post on this too but only like one person responded to the OP saying they had the issue. Right after the update is when this bug started. Hate seeing my health and mana bar instead of my Gnomie little face, lol