BOZ Mount research for secondary etc characters questions

Trilly

Yesterday on AB server one of my characters went to start researching an upgraded mount in Aerie. Kept getting the "error" that I couldn't as the mount had already been purchased. After much discussion and frustration it was determined that because one of my other characters had that mount, this one could not research it. Instead, as very, very few people knew and after much back and forth, it was discovered that if ONE of my characters researched a mount, in order for another character to get that same mount, I HAD to now go to the Status Merchant in Aerie and Bring along a set number of Zimarran Coins to SEE which mounts I could purchase! Without enough coins, you can see NONE, SOME or ALL available, but instead of using 3 days research time, you now had to BUY them. Ok, but, it still costs the same amount of status and plat PLUS now coins??? Huh? That can't be right. Right? They are unlocked to be bought with no wait time (few days) but it now costs you more? Please clarify if we got that right. And if so, WHY?

Bakual

You can buy it at the same status cost, but you don't have to buy the previous ones. So you actually pay less as you can directly buy the latest one.
The bastian one can be researched on more than one character and costs nothing, but takes 15 days.

You need to have enough coins AND status to see the mounts on the merchant, which I agree is stupid.

Trilly

You can buy it at the same status cost, but you don't have to buy the previous ones. So you actually pay less as you can directly buy the latest one.
The bastian one can be researched on more than one character and costs nothing, but takes 15 days.

You need to have enough coins AND status to see the mounts on the merchant, which I agree is stupid.
Yeah. understood. But it costs you the coins as well as the same status and plat! And..you cannot get a smaller one, if one of yours has researched it first, UNLESS you have the Zim coins to see and cough up to buy it. Not sure of their thinking on this unless it is to deplete status, plat, and coins on characters in a way to slow down progress. And there were so many people that had NO IDEA the status merchant had mounts like that because they had not enough, or no Zim coins to even SEE them!! Someone said Discord talked about it..but not everyone uses or wants to download Discord so perhaps the info needs to be made available HERE on EQ2 site eh? Just frustrated as I have 9 char 125+ and a few lower and I didn't know that and I DO have Discord, but when quit raiding or doing direct messages, I rarely look at it. /rant pause. :)

GrunEQ

Yeah. understood. But it costs you the coins as well as the same status and plat! And..you cannot get a smaller one, if one of yours has researched it first, UNLESS you have the Zim coins to see and cough up to buy it. Not sure of their thinking on this unless it is to deplete status, plat, and coins on characters in a way to slow down progress. And there were so many people that had NO IDEA the status merchant had mounts like that because they had not enough, or no Zim coins to even SEE them!! Someone said Discord talked about it..but not everyone uses or wants to download Discord so perhaps the info needs to be made available HERE on EQ2 site eh? Just frustrated as I have 9 char 125+ and a few lower and I didn't know that and I DO have Discord, but when quit raiding or doing direct messages, I rarely look at it. /rant pause. :)
How strange! Seems as though if you looked at that merchant and found nothing, very few people would even bother to go back and look. It's some kind of elitist thinking going on here.

SolarFaire

Yeah, hiding items until you have the plat, currency and status all three rather than showing the costs so we can know what we need to buy it and setting those goals is mind bogglingly dumb idea. Stop hiding the stuff, and let us see the costs and requirements that we need to check off to buy these things.