Beast'r Eggstravaganza feedback and bugs 2024

Chikkin

the way vendor works is you need to pay for house pet egg with your egg scroll collected in town, so there's no way to take eggs off vendor, or people will be stuck with egg scrolls in inventory without a way to eggschange them for house pets

Vendor clutter can be solved easy by making a new vendor with new items and existing vendor selling old items, like many other holidays now do.

Achievements being hidden is not such a huge problem, people link the achievement all the time and you can check it to see your progress on it, although those achievements being unhidden would be better.

I second a suggestion for those eggs to be plushies, maybe wiggling but not wandering off.

And more eggs being up at a time would help a lot with the madness on more populated server like Varsoon.

Marae

True, but I have 2 problems with that. Yes, I'm an OCD completionist, I admit it. :geek: And also as I discovered last year, if you don't finish in one go it's kind of difficult to keep track of who needs to do what come the following year.
That's where quest trackers come in handy. I believe there is one out there for Beast'r Eggstravaganza.

o NOOOOOOOOO poor babies have to wait in a dark bank vault till next year

ok anybody know the names of all the new ones ?
so far I have found Twinkly, Sparkly, Gaudy and Glitzy

where is the announcement for the "Beaste,r Eggstravaganza" on the live servers ?, it started today.

Last edited:

Whilhelmina

Honestly, it's time the eggs got a re-think. It was kind of fun hunting them down in the beginning when there were only half a dozen but every time a new set gets added it becomes less and less viable in the very limited time available for the event.

Currently we're running with a 1 in 21 chance of getting an egg you need which pushes the time requirements way up from the original 1 in 6. I've completed the new set on 2 toons so far and they both took the same amount of time - just short of 3 hours. And that's 3 solid hours, no time to do anything else. Multiply by number of alts, remember that halfway through the week Bristlebane is going to kick in ... There just aren't enough hours in a day for this type of thing.

Then there's the egg excess. By the time you get what you need you have bags full of ones you don't. The spell scrolls have no value beyond 1 per character so you turn them into house pets. On every server where I play I have a house somewhere that now contains hundreds of these things and I'm now collecting even more. Help!
What she said, this is perfectly summed up, thanks Tkia!

And thanks Kaitheel for listening, I hope we'll have something more doable next year!

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
o NOOOOOOOOO poor babies have to wait in a dark bank vault till next year

ok anybody know the names of all the new ones ?
so far I have found Twinkly, Sparkly, Gaudy and Glitzy

where is the announcement for the "Beaste,r Eggstravaganza" on the live servers ?, it started today.

You're missing the blue one: flashy.

Frubar

There is one egg that is impossible to get. In Greater Faydark heading into the Crushbone Area when you come out of the tunnel on your right is a two story building and an egg spawns on the roof. This is a no-fly zone and you cannot climb the walls of the building. I had this happen this year and in the previous years, also. Maybe I am missing the way to the top of this building - without flying or climbing.

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

At the risk of poor, exhausted Kaitheel lobbing things at my head, even figuratively: when does the next holiday start on Test? Just to try to schedule things at this end at Chez Horde de la Uwkete... ;->

Uwk

Tkia

Not for some time I hope. I'm still busy depositing eggs into warehouses! I just had one RNG unlucky toon dump 96 - count them, 96! - spare eggs in there. And that's just one toon out of 9 on that server. Good job none of the others were that unlucky ...

Uwkete-of-Crushbone

Not for some time I hope. I'm still busy depositing eggs into warehouses! I just had one RNG unlucky toon dump 96 - count them, 96! - spare eggs in there. And that's just one toon out of 9 on that server. Good job none of the others were that unlucky ...
Well, they are Heirloom, yeah? Hmm...96 divided by 9...not quite 11 each...

Reminds me of that one gal (I don't recall her name atm; I don't think it was you, Tkia...?) who'd gotten an entire house filled with the leopard plushie reward from that quest in the actual city of Maj'Dul...I think she was going for like 25 of them or so for whatever reason, which sparked my snark (and puzzled her hubby):

"Twenty-twenty-twenty-five leopards to go..."
"You need to be sedated."

Uwk
the Old-Fashioned X-D