Beast'r Eggstravaganza feedback and bugs 2024

Kaitheel

EQ2 Dev -Live events, Lore & Quests
Staff member
Developer
Beast'r Eggstravaganza is now active on Test!

May the flora and fauna across this wondrous world rejoice, for the season of Growth has begun! We are no longer held within the season of Decay's oppressive grip. The Mother of All has melted the cold with her embrace and shaken the stagnation from our roots and limbs. Praise Tunare in deed and word! Thank the goddess, as is her due, that we may never know the day she withholds her blessings of renewal and invigoration.

Even if you do not consider yourself a child of Tunare, you are welcome to dance with us at our celebration locations found around the major cities, grab a few of the new items the Eggschangers have, collect stained glass egg shells and search out new beast'r eggs, excitedly bouncing about. Those who collect all of them are bestowed a special title!

New features for '24!
Special Rules Servers
  • Varsoon, Kael Drakkel & Zarrakon servers:
  • All of the event is active!
Live servers
  • 5 New Beast'r Eggs are available! Search for these new flavor pets across Norrath.
  • New achievement and title earned by obtaining all 5 of the new eggs.
  • Ultra Beast'r Egg Hunter
  • Beast'r Eggschanger merchants have 7 new items, including new plushies and house tiles!
  • 3 New items added to all of the Beast'r Eggschangers
  • 2 New items added the evil Beast'r Eggschanger
  • 2 New items added to the good Beast'r Eggschanger
Returning features
  • In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of event.
  • Search out Beast'r Eggs across Norrath to get flavor pets.
  • Beast'r Eggschanger merchant items
  • Achievements
  • Master Beast'r Egg Hunter
  • Accomplished Beast'r Egg Hunter
  • Beast'r Egg Hunter
  • Collections
  • Colorful Egg Shells
  • Stained Glass Egg Shells
  • Overseer Quests
  • Offered by Ambrosis in Darklight Wood
  • Dryad Danger - Hemponia in Everfrost
  • Dryad Danger - Nettelia in Withered Lands
  • Dryad Danger - Save the Flutterwasps
Although we don't have another hotfix scheduled before this event is activated on live servers, I still wanted to give Test a chance to see the new stuff and give it a go.

This event content is currently set to run 03/29/2024 at 12:01am PDT through 04/03/2024 at 11:59pm PDT on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel

Evilary

I'm not fully sure I understand how this event works. I went to Qeynos. I managed to find 2 eggs in the capital district and 1 in the other part. This was with only 1 other person in the zone. I went to Frostfang Sea and only managed to find 1 egg. There was no other players in the zone.

If the eggs show for everyone, this seems like it would be horrible to have a chance at an egg on a busier server. If this is only seen by the individual player, this is probably ok.

I don't show any achievements listed for Live events for this. Are they hidden? Since I could not see any achievements, I did not know what to work toward so I just gave up and went back to Live server.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
Random eggs repop. You can also ask a guard for "beast" and see if it can point you to an egg. Darklight Woods is also a good spot to search for them, as there is one single guard lurking there (if he hasn't been killed) near the spire-thingie-that-isn't-a-wizard-spire that will give directions to the nearest "beast" as well to help with egg-hunting.

Eggs are seen by everyone, so the searching can be slow at times, but you can bop around to different zones, etc.

Achievements are hidden, and the goal of them is to find specific sets of eggs (a set from each year)

Evilary

Since I apparently have not done this event before, I won't see all of these in the short amount of time this event is active. Hopefully I can content myself with the collections and buyables for coin from the vendors.

Tkia

Honestly, it's time the eggs got a re-think. It was kind of fun hunting them down in the beginning when there were only half a dozen but every time a new set gets added it becomes less and less viable in the very limited time available for the event.

Currently we're running with a 1 in 21 chance of getting an egg you need which pushes the time requirements way up from the original 1 in 6. I've completed the new set on 2 toons so far and they both took the same amount of time - just short of 3 hours. And that's 3 solid hours, no time to do anything else. Multiply by number of alts, remember that halfway through the week Bristlebane is going to kick in ... There just aren't enough hours in a day for this type of thing.

Then there's the egg excess. By the time you get what you need you have bags full of ones you don't. The spell scrolls have no value beyond 1 per character so you turn them into house pets. On every server where I play I have a house somewhere that now contains hundreds of these things and I'm now collecting even more. Help!

Kattt

Honestly, it's time the eggs got a re-think. It was kind of fun hunting them down in the beginning when there were only half a dozen but every time a new set gets added it becomes less and less viable in the very limited time available for the event.

Currently we're running with a 1 in 21 chance of getting an egg you need which pushes the time requirements way up from the original 1 in 6. I've completed the new set on 2 toons so far and they both took the same amount of time - just short of 3 hours. And that's 3 solid hours, no time to do anything else. Multiply by number of alts, remember that halfway through the week Bristlebane is going to kick in ... There just aren't enough hours in a day for this type of thing.

Then there's the egg excess. By the time you get what you need you have bags full of ones you don't. The spell scrolls have no value beyond 1 per character so you turn them into house pets. On every server where I play I have a house somewhere that now contains hundreds of these things and I'm now collecting even more. Help!

I couldn't agree with this more. Perfectly said.

I got to thinking, perhaps we can just get a separate vendor for all things eggs (including the conversion ones,) and retire some to it? Like perhaps each year we can hunt for the previous 1 year (plus current) or some such, and retire the rest to the vendor? There is SO little time right now to do all this.

I would even like if we could add another conversion item that is pure plushie for each egg. I cannot even put these cute lil things into a basket without them falling through and getting lost, upon house re-load.
As pets only, they are reduced to standing in some corner all lonely.

Then, that would mean all the other items could be on the original vendor, and a buddy next to him with egg stuff. The vendor could BE one of the egg dudes in bigger size...like the momma or poppa of eggs. LOL

Spitballin' here, but I am all for anything that eases up the load. And with BOZ stuff, it is a huge load right now.

Thanks though...because EQ2 events are still the best in the biz.

Marae

I agree with the suggestions above. I also have houses full of Beast'r Egg pets that won't sit properly in a basket, and I also have a ton of alts who probably won't have time to find all the new eggs this year, especially with the Highest of Silly Days falling right in the middle of this event. But I do love the event itself. I still have fond memories of finding my very first Beast'r Egg when the event was first run - the wonder and excitement of finding something completely new - and completely unannounced! It was truly a magical moment.

Tkia

I like the suggetions above and they'd suit me fine. However, retiring the older eggs to the vendor would effectively retire the 2 earliest achievements too, as you need to harvest an egg yourself to get flagged for it. So, not so good for new players or people that haven't completed the earlier achievements yet.

The ideal solution would be to set it up like the tinkered collections where you only get the ones you need until you complete that ahcievement and then you can collect them all again. However, given the mechanics of this setup I very much doubt that could be done here. Maybe a compromise by retiring the older sets off to a different zone? That would have the benefit of reducing the loot table for the new ones and adding some new(ish) content to other zones. Newbies could get a nice surprise stumbling over eggs bouncing around Ant or CL?

Marae

I like the suggetions above and they'd suit me fine. However, retiring the older eggs to the vendor would effectively retire the 2 earliest achievements too, as you need to harvest an egg yourself to get flagged for it. So, not so good for new players or people that haven't completed the earlier achievements yet.

The ideal solution would be to set it up like the tinkered collections where you only get the ones you need until you complete that ahcievement and then you can collect them all again. However, given the mechanics of this setup I very much doubt that could be done here. Maybe a compromise by retiring the older sets off to a different zone? That would have the benefit of reducing the loot table for the new ones and adding some new(ish) content to other zones. Newbies could get a nice surprise stumbling over eggs bouncing around Ant or CL?
Another way they could do it would be to rotate which of the old eggs were on the vendor and which were out in the wild to collect. Say, those from 2017, 2019, and 2021 would be on the vendor this year, and next year those from 2018, 2020, and 2022 would be on the vendor and the rest would be out in the wild again. Something like that.

Eggs come from the Beasteregg event it's basically the Easter event, Bristlebane is the event for April Fools Day
Darkpaw filled up the dead time between Brewday and the Tinker festival so well that many events overlap and make late spring into summer and beyond busy, busy, busy.
You don't lose the count for the achievements when the event ends , simply pick up where you left of the year before.

Last edited:

Kaitheel

EQ2 Dev -Live events, Lore & Quests
Staff member
Developer
Oh! The way these eggs are hooked up... Yeah, it's more challenging than one might assume to divide them up, but that is not for you to worry about. I'll put all this feedback into consideration for next year.

The good news is that you shouldn't feel obligated to complete all of the egg collections in one year, but I do understand the desire to complete them!

~ Kaitheel

Evilary

Oh! The way these eggs are hooked up... Yeah, it's more challenging than one might assume to divide them up, but that is not for you to worry about. I'll put all this feedback into consideration for next year.

The good news is that you shouldn't feel obligated to complete all of the egg collections in one year, but I do understand the desire to complete them!

~ Kaitheel
That's like telling a fat kid he's not obligated to eat his donut.

Tkia

True, but I have 2 problems with that. Yes, I'm an OCD completionist, I admit it. :geek: And also as I discovered last year, if you don't finish in one go it's kind of difficult to keep track of who needs to do what come the following year.