Are some tradeskills capped?

Stardrama

My Necromancer is a lvl 126 Carpenter. She's about to hit lvl 127, but my Shadowknight, lvl 120 Provisioner, cannot gain anymore tradeskill experience points. He just sits at 120 no matter how many things I craft, or writs I do. Is 120 as high as a provisioner can go?

SolarFaire

If not Free to Play, and you own the Ballads of Zimmara expansion, then max level is 130. Did your provisioner somehow turn off exp, can it be turned off? hmm, also, you do have to do crafting timelines to level. Just crafting items will not suffice. I recommend heading to Svarni and begin there with that timeline. Check mail for a short term job.

Evilary

Yeah, past level 100, crafting items will not net enough experience to notice a change in the experience bar. If you are having this issue while completing current level quests for the character, check to make sure you have not right clicked and turned the experience off on the experience bar.

Free to Play or Subscription without any recent expansion purchases should have you capped at 110. Since you have one at 127, you shouldn't be having issues unless you are talking another account that doesn't have the expansions purchased.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
At 120, your provisioner should be able to level quickly via the "Were is the Messenger" tradeskill line in Vetrovia. Crafting individual items is going to be just a drop in the bucket, and the signature lines are meant to level you.

The only "cap" you should see is if you do not own the more recent expansions, but that shouldn't be an issue if your carpenter and provisioner are on the same account and the carpenter has leveled.

Stardrama

Thanks to everyone that responded. I knew there had to be something; I just didn't know what it was. I'll start doing the timelines, I really haven't devoted much time as I though just crafting stuff, especially something new & never crafted before, was enough. I'll check that on-off thing too, I didn't know there was such a thing. Thanks all! :)

Melkior

Thanks to everyone that responded. I knew there had to be something; I just didn't know what it was. I'll start doing the timelines, I really haven't devoted much time as I though just crafting stuff, especially something new & never crafted before, was enough. I'll check that on-off thing too, I didn't know there was such a thing. Thanks all! :)
Crafting an item for the first time has not given experience for quite some time. It used to be why the Scholar classes leveled so much faster than the rest.