Any EU Guilds on the new Origins TLE for raiding?

Archess Ney

I've checked the discord briefly, but I would also like to post here, to see if there will be any EU guilds available to raid with, I used to main a Dark Elf Monk under the same name in The Forgotten Guild and maybe also find some old friends from back in the day.

Over the past few years did some dabbling in some EQ TLP's, but not so much in EQ2 as I whenever I tried (every TLE), I could never get used to the "new" combat mechanics and the entire removal of all the stats every time, I don't recall these changes from when I was still raiding while I quit around 2007 as our guild disbanded and moved to Vanguard, but from looking at it, the Origins server wont have this.

Archess Ney

Nice to see some EU people ^^, I might do the same thing, start a Dark Elf Bruiser, then betray to Qeynos, although I might try a caster this time around, I am not 100% sure yet

GBlack

Me and another euro buddy will also be looking to try this server.

We used to play back on Nagafen. It'll be a shame to not have PvP on Origins as we've never played EQ2 without.
I've never played on PvE server too, but this time it might be worth if that's the real old EQ2, not a gimmick like TLE. I secretly hope the next one may be PvP if Origins will make the job right. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Archess Ney

I've never played on PvE server too, but this time it might be worth if that's the real old EQ2, not a gimmick like TLE. I secretly hope the next one may be PvP if Origins will make the job right. I'm cautiously optimistic.
I mainly play pvp games these days, usually fps, or like eve online with some stakes but when I tried that last EQ2 pvp tle, it was basically me just getting rolled by a 6-Boxer at the freeport gates, it wasn't a great experience xD

GBlack

I mainly play pvp games these days, usually fps, or like eve online with some stakes but when I tried that last EQ2 pvp tle, it was basically me just getting rolled by a 6-Boxer at the freeport gates, it wasn't a great experience xD
PvP TLE isn't great experience even without multiboxing. Too much mechanics changed on live that make a lot of stuff FUBAR. Like crusaders buff their both physical and magical attacks just with one stat and can cast on the run. Or rangers casting on the run and having no cqc penalties etc.
2006 ruleset could do much better regarding PvP.

Archess Ney

PvP TLE isn't great experience even without multiboxing. Too much mechanics changed on live that make a lot of stuff FUBAR. Like crusaders buff their both physical and magical attacks just with one stat and can cast on the run. Or rangers casting on the run and having no cqc penalties etc.
2006 ruleset could do much better regarding PvP.
Yeah I got that part really quickly xD but yeah I think reverting the game back to its intended stats is going to make it a lot better

KaonUK

I am also on the look out for an Eu/Uk guild for grouping and raiding, keeping an eye out on discord daily. Lots of US guilds, thought there would be at least one Eu English speaking guild. Maybe one will start up once beta is in full swing, can only hope.

Anyways, will be rolling a Monk so if anyone wants to group up.....

Just an update -

Found this, so if you are looking for an EU guild - https://www.reddit.com/r/EQ2/comments/1bzq9si/fabled_guild_is_recruiting_for_eq2_origins_server/

Last edited: