Commit to the described All Classes Prestige AA - Potent Medium

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caith

Staff member
Developer
Current Proposed change based on the discussion above seems to essentially be encapsulated by:
Increase the base Fervor and Fervor Overcap to 50 at level 130 (Ballads of Zimara base fervor value is 47.957)
Make sure it scales up for increased level
Expansion ability scaling is approximately *1.37 for most stats, so since level increases happen every other level this would increase *1.74 per five levels
Time Investment for this change would be: 15 minutes per class

Dannni

If all classes get buffed slightly, isn't this pointless as presumably all mobs would in turn get balanced to be marginally harder. Perhaps not restrospectively but almost certainly moving forward.

Proto12

Copy-Paste from other poll: I would much prefer to see time spent weeding out or redesigning all of the useless aa's (rather than scale the stuff that's currently relevant), but I'm still voting yes for the general idea of "spend time fixing/looking at aa's."
As a side note, it's probably worth making more nuanced polls if that's possible, otherwise I think you dev's are going to be hard pressed to get responses that aren't overwhelmingly "yes" to any y/n that involves doing work, or making an pretty fair and expected changes :LOL:.

Dannni

Copy-Paste from other poll: I would much prefer to see time spent weeding out or redesigning all of the useless aa's (rather than scale the stuff that's currently relevant), but I'm still voting yes for the general idea of "spend time fixing/looking at aa's."
As a side note, it's probably worth making more nuanced polls if that's possible, otherwise I think you dev's are going to be hard pressed to get responses that aren't overwhelmingly "yes" to any y/n that involves doing work, or making an pretty fair and expected changes :LOL:.
The proposed change is essentially copy paste so

Zhevally

The polls are for one specific change only - and you are basically voting yes/no to time from the time bank being spent on that change. Voting no because you'd rather not have time spent on a change is totally a valid way to vote. Voting yes here does not go towards any other AA changes than the specific one the poll is for

Elosul

also copy paste from the other poll:

first:
this is a good thing to ask people about changes and get their opinion about it, well done :)

second:
to be honest I do not quite get WHAT exactly you're planing to change. as a player without knowledge of the internal maths and other stuff some numbers like increasing from 1.37 to 1.74 are hard to follow.

so as already stated a few times - investing time into AA's (way more than 15min/class) is needed. upgrade the class epic spells 1.0 / 2.0 - make it some unique ability again etc. - all of this is highly appreciated. but pushing all a bit further is imho useless, as nothing really changes as you're keeping the proportions.

Beyoncia

A significant work on every class, combat and stats in general is required. As well as squish of numbers and reduction of the amount of different stats (flurry, flurry multiplier, haste, dps mod, legendary crit, fabled crit, double-triple whatever.) Start it small, divide numbers by 10, remove the most useless stats, change some abilities. See how it goes, manually fix some parts of the old content if it is reported to be too hard by players. Then half a year later do another squish by 10 or 100, more work and so on.

The current changes to a few AA only bloat out stats. Priests would get pretty much nothing out of it, since our heals are already capped 100 times over and hardly matter under general domination of wards, especially the regenerative ones.

Dannni

A significant work on every class, combat and stats in general is required. As well as squish of numbers and reduction of the amount of different stats (flurry, flurry multiplier, haste, dps mod, legendary crit, fabled crit, double-triple whatever.) Start it small, divide numbers by 10, remove the most useless stats, change some abilities. See how it goes, manually fix some parts of the old content if it is reported to be too hard by players. Then half a year later do another squish by 10 or 100, more work and so on.
i think youre dreaming but you never know

Vlkodlak

This change is to update the out-of-date AA"s on the Prestige Tree for the Left Side Fervor / Fervor OC and the Right Side CBOC. They have not been updated since launch and are wildly behind in stats. The proposed change also looking to build in growth for future level increases.

DENSER

Thank you, not that I didn't understand anything but it's more understandable that way.
So, is there really a need for player opinion if this upgrade is appropriate and logical to the progression of the game whether it is an immediate change or later?
This seems to me to be work specific to the proper functioning of the game, this poll having no weight by our positive or negative opinion.
Unless you want an inefficient game

Last edited:

Igochan

If all classes get buffed slightly, isn't this pointless as presumably all mobs would in turn get balanced to be marginally harder. Perhaps not restrospectively but almost certainly moving forward.
Totally agree. I do not understand this change. Unless it serves to facilitate some kind of internal mechanism I find it superfluous and that it does nothing to solve the problems of the game.

Flibbity

What is the time budget alloted for proposed changes, I was told at one point all of these class forum posts were going to share a total of 10-15 hours of labor? This change is proposing to fix a minor stat scaling issue with 6.5 hours of work.

Silverman1

What is the time budget alloted for proposed changes, I was told at one point all of these class forum posts were going to share a total of 10-15 hours of labor? This change is proposing to fix a minor stat scaling issue with 6.5 hours of work.
10 hours per a class.
this is 15 mins of that 10 hours for each class individually

for others in here that dont understand math in minutes vs hours...

its 600 total minutes per class
this change will reduce that remaining time by 15 minutes
there are still 585 minutes to make other changes to each and every class individually...

for example
the assassin will still have 585 mins remaining
templar - 585 minutes
defiler 585 minutes
etc

DENSER

hopefully we get this (including a class balancing for all mages <> assasins)
Yes especially what is in parentheses and no need to poll. Just look at the old forums and review the last 5 years reviews and ideas that players 've been given.

Status
Not open for further replies.