• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caith

Staff member
Developer
All Classes Prestige AA - Multi-Attack Mastery

Current Proposed change based on the discussion above seems to essentially be encapsulated by:
Increase the base Critbonus Overcap to 300 at level 130
Make sure it scales up for increased level
Expansion ability scaling is approximately *1.37 for most stats, so since level increases happen every other level this would increase *1.74 per five levels
Time Investment for this change would be: 15 minutes per class

Seth

If all classes get buffed slightly, isn't this pointless as presumably all mobs would in turn get balanced to be marginally harder. Perhaps not restrospectively but almost certainly moving forward.
good question. would like to know as well.

Lemilla

Yes, I'm quite sure this is pointless. And people might also not realize that "15 minutes per class" is lot of time with 26 classes.

Proto12

I would much prefer to see time spent weeding out or redesigning all of the useless aa's (rather than scale the stuff that's currently relevant), but I'm still voting yes for the general idea of "spend time fixing/looking at aa's."

Beee

Getting more Fervor, FoC and CB overcap is nice, but i do not think it's done by 15 min for each class. It opens a gap even more in not good scaling classes.

Elosul

first:
this is a good thing to ask people about changes and get their opinion about it, well done :)

second:
to be honest I do not quite get WHAT exactly you're planing to change. as a player without knowledge of the internal maths and other stuff some numbers like increasing from 1.37 to 1.74 are hard to follow.

so as already stated a few times - investing time into AA's (way more than 15min/class) is needed. upgrade the class epic spells 1.0 / 2.0 - make it some unique ability again etc. - all of this is highly appreciated. but pushing all a bit further is imho useless, as nothing really changes as you're keeping the proportions.

Vlkodlak

This change will update the painfully out of date AA on the Prestige tree for CBOC. Currently adding +25 CBOC is trivial when players now have CB in the 10's of thousands. This would bring this AA back into the useful range and also allow it to grow for future level increases. It is a very welcome change.

Dannni

This change will update the painfully out of date AA on the Prestige tree for CBOC. Currently adding +25 CBOC is trivial when players now have CB in the 10's of thousands. This would bring this AA back into the useful range and also allow it to grow for future level increases. It is a very welcome change.
Sure but what does it achieve? Nothing in the grand scheme of things, apart from adding to stat inflation. It would require significantly less development time to reduce the cmit of all mobs in the game and achieve the same end result.

Circadian

This change may seem somewhat pointless right now, but I feel that the proper scaling going forward is important.

Barwyn

You may want to announce that this is on your forums. Most people do not know this exists so you most likely are not getting a true picture of what people want.

If you want to retain returning people, you really need to find out what they want.

Flibbity

This is 6.5 hours of work that could be spent on fixing broken AA and bringing classes back in line with their independent unique personal Specs that makes this game interesting. I'd much rather they fixed the 24-26 class specific problems rather than a generic stat aa.

Last edited:

Bakual

Oh, it's nice if they can fix a single AA which benefits everyone. More useful AAs means more choice.

Silverman1

If all classes get buffed slightly, isn't this pointless as presumably all mobs would in turn get balanced to be marginally harder. Perhaps not restrospectively but almost certainly moving forward.
its not about balancing for the mobs/enemies we fight... its simply to fix an outdated prestige/aa
we have 50,000 cb and only getting 25 from it... how does that make sense.. if i didnt have to waste a point in order to get whats below it i wouldnt get it.. its such a minute number in its current form it absolutely needs to be increased.

Thats like saying.. why should h2 have better gear than h1 if they are just going to balance content around the higher stats of the better gear????

Dannni

its not about balancing for the mobs/enemies we fight... its simply to fix an outdated prestige/aa
we have 50,000 cb and only getting 25 from it... how does that make sense.. if i didnt have to waste a point in order to get whats below it i wouldnt get it.. its such a minute number in its current form it absolutely needs to be increased.

Thats like saying.. why should h2 have better gear than h1 if they are just going to balance content around the higher stats of the better gear????

To answer your question, thats easy, there needs to be progression of gear to keep you in the rat race. To make you want to play the next zone and the next and the next. Whereas spending 6.5 hours of limited dev time to change an arbitrary number in AA's which achieves next to nothing is not comparable. You are comparing apples and oranges.

Dannni

Also to add to this, even if the numbers are updated now for this expac, how many expansions before the numbers aren't making sense again??? 6.5 hours for every expansion just so the numbers appear logical for current content doesnt seem like a particularly smart use of limited development time.

Status
Not open for further replies.