Aegolism - Make Useful

Yoou

I would like to see the group potency increase from healing fate moved to Aegolism. This would give templar a group benefit and compliments other classes that buff CB/CBOC and fervor.

Xavion

i think a DR of some kind and a cboc or cb buff would be great a dr for the replacement of max hp and cb or cboc for the weapon dmg replacement. Maybe a 15% dr and 500 cboc or 700 cb

Zhevally

I would like to see the group potency increase from healing fate moved to Aegolism. This would give templar a group benefit and compliments other classes that buff CB/CBOC and fervor.
Please don't move anything. Let healing fate stay situationally useful. There's no reason we should have to give that up for aegolism to do something, especially given how way way way much more other healers can bring to the group anyways.

Yoou

Please don't move anything. Let healing fate stay situationally useful. There's no reason we should have to give that up for aegolism to do something, especially given how way way way much more other healers can bring to the group anyways.
The situations that healing fate's potency would benefit are very limited. If you use Reveal Fate in your cast rotation for dps, healing fate is on cool down when adds spawn in longer sustained encounters the majority of the time. Moving the potency to aegolism gives it 100% uptime, and wouldn't have to be balanced with two effects that could stack. Every class wants to add more cboc/cb and fervor, buffing a different stat that improves base damage of the group makes sense because we can be grouped with classes that offer complimentary effects. You ask for an improvement to aegolism, please be specific on what you would prefer. Thanks.

Zhevally

The situations that healing fate's potency would benefit are very limited. If you use Reveal Fate in your cast rotation for dps, healing fate is on cool down when adds spawn in longer sustained encounters the majority of the time. Moving the potency to aegolism gives it 100% uptime, and wouldn't have to be balanced with two effects that could stack. Every class wants to add more cboc/cb and fervor, buffing a different stat that improves base damage of the group makes sense because we can be grouped with classes that offer complimentary effects. You ask for an improvement to aegolism, please be specific on what you would prefer. Thanks.
You can use reveal fate and have very near 100% uptime on healing fate - on add heavy fights I do this because I might as well do something.
We do not need a nerf to one of our existing spells just so we can have a full time group buff, given what other healers provide their group. Please don't ask them to make a spell useless.
Even if they both gave pot, we would still be way less desired than mystics due to our buffs not doing as much(especially given the situationalness of healing fate) for the dps. It would take a lot of pot to match that fervor(not saying that we should 100% match it, given we have better heal tools, but that argument only holds water if they give us fights that are actually difficult for other healers to heal)

Yoou

You can use reveal fate and have very near 100% uptime on healing fate - on add heavy fights I do this because I might as well do something.
We do not need a nerf to one of our existing spells just so we can have a full time group buff, given what other healers provide their group. Please don't ask them to make a spell useless.
Even if they both gave pot, we would still be way less desired than mystics due to our buffs not doing as much(especially given the situationalness of healing fate) for the dps. It would take a lot of pot to match that fervor(not saying that we should 100% match it, given we have better heal tools, but that argument only holds water if they give us fights that are actually difficult for other healers to heal)
The mechanics of the 2 spells, reveal fate and healing fate, needs to be carefully considered zhev. Maintaining uptime is not the issue because the enemy must drop 20% in health to trigger the potency effect of healing fate. If you cast it on an enemy that survives long enough to maintain uptime, it usually doesn't drop in health very fast, providing very little actual uptime for the effect. If the enemy has low enough health to trigger the potency effect often enough to maintain the triggered effect, it usually dies fast, limiting the number of triggers per cast. I don't even use healing fate, I use the aa version. My suggestion would be an improvement to the class and the potency amount, if added to aegolism could be tuned up or down. Leading with healing fate or the aa version and then running your combat spells, which will put healing fate on cool down makes it difficult to use on adds that have low hp to get a trigger. You do not have to agree with me, nor I with you, which I do not. Respectfully, it is likely we have differing play styles. This is the change I would like to see with the assumption that the developers will be reluctant to pass out more fervor and cb/cboc. If the developers want to add fervor and/or cb/cboc to aegolism, I am fine with that outcome. Healing fate in its current format is not a useful spell in my lineup.

Last edited:

Larcain

/Sigh. Fwiw, I'd just like to have ANY offensive buff, that might mean putting me in a group as opposed to a shaman. I should probably say "at least some consideration" in comparison to a shaman. That potency buff for healing fate is not it.

Zhevally

The mechanics of the 2 spells, reveal fate and healing fate, needs to be carefully considered zhev. Maintaining uptime is not the issue because the enemy must drop 20% in health to trigger the potency effect of healing fate. If you cast it on an enemy that survives long enough to maintain uptime, it usually doesn't drop in health very fast, providing very little actual uptime for the effect. If the enemy has low enough health to trigger the potency effect often enough to maintain the triggered effect, it usually dies fast, limiting the number of triggers per cast. I don't even use healing fate, I use the aa version. My suggestion would be an improvement to the class and the potency amount, if added to aegolism could be tuned up or down. Leading with healing fate or the aa version and then running your combat spells, which will put healing fate on cool down makes it difficult to use on adds that have low hp to get a trigger. You do not have to agree with me, nor I with you, which I do not. Respectfully, it is likely we have differing play styles. This is the change I would like to see with the assumption that the developers will be reluctant to pass out more fervor and cb/cboc. If the developers want to add fervor and/or cb/cboc to aegolism, I am fine with that outcome. Healing fate in its current format is not a useful spell in my lineup.
You can cask healing fate on multiple mobs though do to the short recast. So it's really easy to maintain it on all the adds on a fight with lots of adds. The thing is even having 100% uptime on the buff from healing fate is not enough to compete with shaman buffs. [And it requires much more work even on the fights where it can be 100% uptime, than shaman buffs do, which is a whole separate issue]. By timing reveal fate it's easy enough to do this, it's just not enough potency to be worth the effort, which is why they shouldn't nerf it even if they do go for pot on aegolism.
/Sigh. Fwiw, I'd just like to have ANY offensive buff, that might mean putting me in a group as opposed to a shaman. I should probably say "at least some consideration" in comparison to a shaman. That potency buff for healing fate is not it.
This! So much this! We need something - and we don't need to nerf the small things we do have to get it.

Larcain

I mean, geez. For the most part, crusaders do all the healing, I'm just lucky I have anything to do because we only have 2 crusaders. Getting out healed by a set it and forget it ward is just ridiculous. Things haven't been this stupid since the stupid defiler cloak. And given that, as long as there is a crusader in each group, templars are what...4th? on the desirability list because we don't have anything that offensively matters. Sorry. /end rant.

Last edited: