Personal Preferences are not Bugs

Ramblon

TL:DR of the last 4 pages.

Devs: We want to make a server like it was in 2006. If something isn't working like it was in 2006 please make a bug post.

Bugs: Things that aren't working like they should be from the 2006 time period (including - hey I'm not sure if this is something functioning like it was in 2006.)

Feedback: Things that I want on the server whether or not it was from 2006.

Some people in this thread: I don't like the bugs that people are reporting so I'm going to tell them to stop posting their opinions in the bug thread.

Boldac

Bug: Collection turn in xp rate is not working as intended/too high for 2006 era.
Feedback: I think we should raise/lower the xp rate for collections.

Bug: Mob respawn rate is too fast/slow/not working as intended for 2006 era.
Feedback: I think we should increase/decrease the mob respawn rate for this server.
Curious on those bug examples. How do you know it isn't working as intended?

Boldac

XP being too fast or Respawns being too fast isn't an opinion.
If you don't have a baseline to compare it against, it absolutely is nothing more than opinion.

Does it feel like xp for heroics is too high? Yes. Can't know for sure without specific xp numbers per kill, xp needed per level and comparing to what is intended/what it was.
Does it feel like quest xp is too low? Yes. Same as above.
Does it feel like spawn rates are too high? Maybe. Can't really gauge this without a better sample size.

Is it the xp per kill/quest/collection that is off? Or is it the xp required per level that is making it feel off?

All we can say is it doesn't feel right until we quantify it with actual numbers (not rough percentages).

Zenji

If you don't have a baseline to compare it against, it absolutely is nothing more than opinion.
We do have a combination of 1st hand accounts and anecdotal evidence by the way of multiple forums posts from the era that all corroborate the same thing. Which was finally supported by a statement from Caith saying the experience rates on beta were incorrectly rolled back and will be adjusted with the next level unlock.

*and for respawn times, we have patch notes of when spawn rates were increased which also corroborates with both the 1st hand accounts and the multitudes of forum posts/ comments from that era.

Last edited:

Audric

Bug: Collection turn in xp rate is not working as intended/too high for 2006 era.
Feedback: I think we should raise/lower the xp rate for collections.

Bug: Mob respawn rate is too fast/slow/not working as intended for 2006 era.
Feedback: I think we should increase/decrease the mob respawn rate for this server.
I read that and it gave me a good chuckle! :LOL: It reminded me of back in the day learning grammar. The proper way of stating something makes a difference in how it's interpreted! No opinion on this topic otherwise, except to just post it in either one or the other. I'm giving it a like for a good example of how the same thing can be said two different ways. ;)

89Doilies

Bugs: Things that aren't working like they should be from the 2006 time period (including - hey I'm not sure if this is something functioning like it was in 2006.)
Clever expansion of the definition of 'bug!' However, nobody agrees with this. The discord link by a dev from earlier in this thread clearly distinguishes bugs from feedback. Threads being moved from one section to another maintains this distinction. Clearly, they're different.

A tiny minority seems adamant about posting their preferences in any section they want. That makes more work for the the people who want the information organized as they requested.

Nobody is entitled to post wherever they want just so their preferences to get more attention.

No-one is saying that personal preferences shouldn't be posted. We're saying that they should be posted in the right place.

Thank you.

Ramblon

Clever expansion of the definition of 'bug!' However, nobody agrees with this. The discord link by a dev from earlier in this thread clearly distinguishes bugs from feedback. Threads being moved from one section to another maintains this distinction. Clearly, they're different.

A tiny minority seems adamant about posting their preferences in any section they want. That makes more work for the the people who want the information organized as they requested.

Nobody is entitled to post wherever they want just so their preferences to get more attention.

No-one is saying that personal preferences shouldn't be posted. We're saying that they should be posted in the right place.

Thank you.
"Nobody agrees with this." Clearly people do agree with it.

"We're saying....." YOU are saying.

89Doilies

Starting to sound adamant about posting in the right place.
Fixed this for you.

And you're right... *this* is the right place for this type of post.

As a humble new member, I didn't expect agreement from all quarters, but I do appreciate it!

Thank you.

You know you're doing it wrong when you're making Maergoth seem like the reasonable person. It's been made clear over and over by Caith, both in Discord and in in-game general chat - if something is not accurate to 2006, make a post in the bug forums. He is actively looking through those when he is making changes to the server because he is trying to make the server as closely accurate to 2006 as is possible. Anything that is not behaving as it did in era is a bug.

XP Rates are currently and obviously very bugged.

Full groups should not be getting 1.5-3% of a level from killing non-Heroic mobs.
My guild group should not be getting 8% per kill for killing yellow ^^^'s in Blackburrow.
A single collection should not be giving me an entire level.
Quests should not be giving less xp than singular non-heroic mob kills.

Auto-attack range is clearly out of era and is actively hurting every class that relies on a root, snare, or ranged attack while soloing.

These statements are not an opinion, they are factual to era. Things that are not behaving as they should in accordance to the era should be reported to the bug forums.

We can suggest feedback such as "hey, we like this xp rate, can we keep it?" in the feedback forums, but people are obviously correct in reporting them as bugs.