The Origins Server is coming to Beta!

Loghain

Kinda sad to see no Krono, every EQ tlp I would be able to sell some stuff get 4-5 krono and then be able to play the game another time for free, its just a small enjoyment I get from farming loot, why cant they fix the people that 100 box their own raids, its always the regular players that have to pay for their misconduct.
you still have all the live and tlp servers to farm and buy krono. Nothing changed. One server without krono will for sure not harm your enjoyment. Let us that have no servers without krono also enjoy this game.

Vonotar

Well, quack that krono, I'm more worried about "Code and Art are still across all server types" statement now. Wasn't the biggest selling point of Origins being totally separate to reimplement old mechanics, art etc? If code is still shared - isn't it just TLE?
There is one game engine, and that runs all versions of EQ2 be that Live, TLE (varsoon style), PvP, Free trade, and soon Origins.

Each server just has features enabled or disabled within it's configuration.

I would be worried if this wasn't the case as I don't want pre-64bit, pre-DX11 etc.

You couldn't run the original code, even if you had it and wanted to without modification anyway, the original servers don't exist anymore. The current ones are different hardware wise, I remember at least two times where EQ2 transitioned tp new hardware.

Lets just see what Beta looks like 😀

Mandoh

Kinda sad to see no Krono, every EQ tlp I would be able to sell some stuff get 4-5 krono and then be able to play the game another time for free, its just a small enjoyment I get from farming loot, why cant they fix the people that 100 box their own raids, its always the regular players that have to pay for their misconduct.
Just don't sub. If it isn't a success, they won't do it again. I was going to join the server just to do some of the game classic style nice and casually but I won't be now since I am playing EQ1 and use my krono to sub. Not going to pay the same company 2x a month that is just silly. I thought this would be a fun server to dabble with in my downtime for HQs and such. *and yes, i support the game through micro transactions even though I don't have to pay for my sub so there is lost revenue*

If krono were able to be consumed, and just not traded, then I would be making a character or three.

Evilary

Just don't sub. If it isn't a success, they won't do it again. I was going to join the server just to do some of the game classic style nice and casually but I won't be now since I am playing EQ1 and use my krono to sub. Not going to pay the same company 2x a month that is just silly. I thought this would be a fun server to dabble with in my downtime for HQs and such.

If krono were able to be consumed, and just not traded, then I would be making a character or three.
You should be able to use the Krono on another server and have access to the Origin server. There isn't anything I saw that says you will have to pay an extra sub. Krono should be giving you 30 days of all access which allows you to play EQ and EQ2.

Loghain

Just don't sub. If it isn't a success, they won't do it again. I was going to join the server just to do some of the game classic style nice and casually but I won't be now since I am playing EQ1 and use my krono to sub. Not going to pay the same company 2x a month that is just silly. I thought this would be a fun server to dabble with in my downtime for HQs and such. *and yes, i support the game through micro transactions even though I don't have to pay for my sub so there is lost revenue*

You do not need extra sub m8. Consume your krono on whatever server and game you play. You have all access with krono so access to all games and servers.

And just to add, in the past you needed separate subscription for every Sony game. So eq, eq2, swg you needed separate subscription.

Rijacki

I would be curious to see if it is the original tradeskills or the broad revision that was done in Echoes of Faydwer.

And, if the original tradeskills, would it be the original original or where it was finally all working for some tradeskill classes shortly before the Desert of Flames (i.e. Alchemy potions and poisons combines actually working and starting to be functional and Provisioner spells working at all). Will WORTs be Alchemy only or all classes as changed after launch and will alchemy have all their recipes working from launch or will they be limited to only WORTs and ink for a few weeks to simulate how they weren't working at launch but at least the fighter skills started being combinable a couple patches in. Will the tradeskill stations have a chance to kill (death by forge wasn't too hard to imagine but death by tailoring was the dreaded 'stick a needle in your eye').

If the original tradeskills, will all the supporting harvest nodes and purchased items be in at launch? (originally many alchemy ones weren't available until a few patches in with some never available and that compounded the alchemy issues noted above) Will harvesting skills be negatively affected by 'crossing' the tradeskill and adventure levels? (at launch if your tradeskill or adventure level went higher than the other, harvest skill would be dropped to the minimum for the tradeksill/adventure level that was higher previously resulting in losing harvest skills if you both tradeskilled and adventured)

If I have time, I am considering trying the Beta and will be checking those.

Oh wait, 2006 is Kingdom of Sky era, so.. WORTs and ink for all classes, Provisioner spells working, tradeskill stations less lethal, and at least the fighter skills working for alchemy and about half of the potions and poisons combinable and somewhat working.

Last edited:

Bearoco

Kronos work for both EQ1 and EQ2. So if you consume a Krono on EQ1, you will have access to EQ2.

Well, quack that krono, I'm more worried about "Code and Art are still across all server types" statement now. Wasn't the biggest selling point of Origins being totally separate to reimplement old mechanics, art etc? If code is still shared - isn't it just TLE?
I feel like they should clarify that a bit, because it is a bit ambiguous. My interpretation of it is that when they say code, they're talking about things like authentication, the game engine, world/zone servers, etc., all of which have little to do with game mechanics. The implementation of zones, mobs, items, game mechanics, and other various features, are likely script and data-driven, and thus separated.

I guess we'll see next Thursday.

Tkia

Rijacki? *Blink* Welcome back - very long time no see!

They stated this is going just post sub combines so no WORTS. Shame really, I always enjoyed the logic of those and used them to do the first half tier of levelling when they went generic.

Rijacki

Rijacki? *Blink* Welcome back - very long time no see!

They stated this is going just post sub combines so no WORTS. Shame really, I always enjoyed the logic of those and used them to do the first half tier of levelling when they went generic.
Thanks, I missed that, so post Faydwer crafting, BOOOOO! I absolutely hated the changes to the crafting system.

And I have been around in brief spurts in EQ2 but full time again in EQ these days, since mid-2020 at least. I am surprised anyone would remember me at all now :)

Arclite

Learn and refine from this experience and make the live server just like that and may be people will start enjoying the live servers once again...