The Origins Server is coming to Beta!

jeradl

You know what I'd rather have than Origins? An actual new and updated EQ3 !!!
There are no good classic mmorgs for years now.
For the love of god stop rehashing the same thing over and over.

GBlack

No krono trade is bad. You won't stop trading, just making more hoops to do it.

"Code and Art are still across all server types, for a variety of reasons. For example, connections to external or shared resources such as Database, Authentication, etc. have completely changed over the years." - does it mean no old UI/spells etc? So it's basically another TLE, but with some extra functionality like more stats reimplemented, not a true EQ2 from days of old, right?

GBlack

On the Contrary this is one of the best and most crucial decisions . Goldfarmer happened back in 2006 to be there as well, but it was never as bad as it is now on live server.
This will be just "will trade plat/items for krono on X server". Just more room for shady stuff *shrug*

GrunEQ

I don't plan to be on this server, but I'm happy that some people will get a good dose of what it was sort of like "in the old days". You will however miss out on such features as having to stay in your house and not venture out to be able to sell on the broker, shard runs, and probably some of the city access quests, competition between the tradeskill societies. I do miss the villages, and I hope the population will appreciate them. My best wishes for a good time!

Loghain

Still have some questions:

1. What will be the level range for quests and mobs to become gray?
2. In the old times, one could disable xp for killing mobs but quest xp could not be disabled. Do we get it like it was or it will be like today?
3. Mentoring? I remember in the beginning, the mentoring system was so much different. You needed to save your low lvl gear as you could not use your gear if it was higher level than the one you mentor to. It was not scalable.

Maybe number 2 could look like a strange question to some players today. I remember in 2004, the EQ2 was my 1st mmo and I approached it like any other RPG game. I did read all the quest text and took it very slow :) Also, I disabled mob kill xp to not level too fast in order to experience every bit of the content. It is understatement to say that people did not understand what the hell am I doing :)

Last edited:

GBlack

Well, quack that krono, I'm more worried about "Code and Art are still across all server types" statement now. Wasn't the biggest selling point of Origins being totally separate to reimplement old mechanics, art etc? If code is still shared - isn't it just TLE?

Last edited:

Jinxd

We’re taking it back to 2006.
We’ve been keeping a sharp eye on all the buzzing and excitement since the announcement of the Origins Server in the April Producer’s Letter. We have more information to provide you as we get ready for Beta to open on May 2, 2024.

The name of the Origins Server will be Anashti Sul. And just like her, we’re bringing something back from the great beyond! This server will start in The Shattered Lands era (no expansions unlocked), and you’ll get to experience the look and challenge of the classic world of Norrath. Systems will seem less complex, stats and gameplay will be reflective of the 2006 era, and there will be more focus on grouping with that old school MMO feel! If you missed out on the 2006 version of EverQuest II, you should check out the redux of it in 2024 on Anashti Sul; it’s going to be mind-blowing!

Adventure and Tradeskill Leveling for this Beta will be on a schedule. May 2nd through May 15th of the Beta will allow for adventure and tradeskill leveling to level 12, May 16th through May 22nd will go to level 22, and the remaining time will see the cap at level 32. Beta will end on June 13, 2024.

Need help getting ready for Beta? Check out THIS GUIDE on it! Get ready for an old school adventure! We’ll see you in-game soon.

Other information:
  • There will be no spell research.
  • Krono will not be able to be consumed, traded, or sold on an Origins server.
  • There will be a 6-week Beta to ensure we cover a wide breadth of testing.
  • Attributes have restored secondary functionality, agility will help avoid melee attacks, intelligence will increase ability potency, strength will increase melee damage, and wisdom will grant extra resistance.
  • All bosses will be original stat/buff packages.
  • No weight. It could not be restored.
  • Unlocks have not been decided yet, however we do have new forums, and we will be able to poll and discuss unlocks before we launch.
  • No holiday events.
  • There will be a marketplace, but it will be very limited.
  • It will not be free trade.
  • This server is on its own design depot.
    • This is the first time for this type of separation for EverQuest II.
    • It cannot be affected by Live design updates, and vice versa.
    • Code and Art are still across all server types, for a variety of reasons. For example, connections to external or shared resources such as Database, Authentication, etc. have completely changed over the years.
  • Freeport and Qeynos are back to old school, in both appearance and functionality.
    • Livable neighborhoods, and their quests, are back! With the scope of the changes, these will need a lot of testing.
  • No persistent instances.
  • No tradeskill subcombines.
    • The current build is right after subcombines for crafting were removed.
Join us on social media: X, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
I gonna to give a try.

Archess Ney

Kinda sad to see no Krono, every EQ tlp I would be able to sell some stuff get 4-5 krono and then be able to play the game another time for free, its just a small enjoyment I get from farming loot, why cant they fix the people that 100 box their own raids, its always the regular players that have to pay for their misconduct.