Where is this item from

BabyAngel

Firequacker's Pointy Hat
2854.png

Being born in a swan yard does not matter, if only you are hatched from a duck's egg.

1712096801866.png

Chikkin

from duck zone in Thalumbra probably, Google eq2 duck zone

that instance can still be spawned probably, it's soloable, I'd suggest mentoring to 100 and slaughtering stuff in Thalumbra. Rare as hell, on some kind of timer once a day or 18 hours or something like that, you will only get your class arch type hat from boss.

"In a flurry of feathers a portal appears" if you see that message in I believe it was green text, look around yourself for a portal to click.

every mob in there is a duck 😆

ah forgot to mention the portal is one time only, if you leave the zone you cannot get back in

Last edited:

Finora

Yep, what Chikkin says is correct. Fowlumbra. You can get an array of different hats like that there. It was pretty easily soloable back in the day and the portal was still popping a year or so ago (my ranger was there for some reason and had it pop.)

Chikkin

I only activated it once myself, but seen the zone wide message many times in the ToT era.
There is some timer on it, like once every 18 hours or 24 hours? it has a chance to spawn for like an hour or so, I remember people keeping timer and when time came everybody was going in to Thalumbra and mass-slaughering everything.
Everybody in zone will see the message about flurry or feathers and portal appearing but only 1 person who triggered it will actually see the portal.
There is a youtube video or 2 for the duck zone, it's groups of heroic ducks, level 100 iirc (whatever was max for ToT) and a final boss who drops a hat you can wear, so if you want different hats you're gonna have to try different arch classes

DO NOT leave the zone once you enter, you cannot get back.

Vlkodlak

Oh yes that is from the old duck special instance zone. It was a random pop when you zoned in. It was incredibly buggy and not very randomized. Some people got it dozens of times zoning in while others never saw it once.