Not A Bug Village of Shin Repeatable Quests Repeatedly Erased From Completed Quests Journal

Skrapa

UPDATE: One additional thing I forgot to mention is that when these quests do show as completed, and you click on them in the completed quest journal, no quest information shows up and instead the last quest info you viewed remains in the window. It's also not possible to delete these quests from your journal while they are active, but I'm not sure if that part of it is intentional or not since you only have 30 minutes to complete them anyway.

The "trials" quests (solo and heroic versions, listed below) obtained on each of the floors in the Tower of the Four Winds in the Village of Shin are only flagged as completed in the quest journal until logging out. I play on the Maj'Dul server and this bug has occurred on multiple toons on more than one account, however the screenshots used in this example are for my character Shadora. I am only using the default UI and EQ2Maps.

Quests I'm experiencing this issue with:​
  • Trial of Qin Lo: Solo​
  • Trial of Qin Lo: Heroic​
  • Trial of Bo Fen: Solo​
  • Trial of Bo Fen: Heroic​
  • Trial of Lin Vo: Solo​
  • Trial of Lin Vo: Heroic​
  • Trial of Sagacious Ting: Solo​
  • Trial of Sagacious Ting: Heroic​
  • Trial of Jian Anlan: Solo​
  • Trial of Jian Anlan: Heroic​
(There are a few more similar quests but I have not yet gained access to the fourth floor of the Tower of the Four Winds and thus have not been able to test those quests.)

These quests appear in the Miscellaneous category of completed quests upon completion, and the total completed quest count increases by 1 after completing them for the first time--as they should--however, upon logging out these quests disappear from the completed quest journal and the completed quest count is reduced by 1 for each quest that vanishes. I have done each of these quests several times in the past few months but it wasn't until today when I noticed they are disappearing from the list of completed quests.

For example, see the attached screenshots. The first one shows my completed quest journal before finishing the Trial of Qin Lo: Solo quest with my total quest count at 2350. The second screenshot shows it correctly flagged as completed with a completed quest count of 2351. However, immediately upon logging out and back in, my completed quest journal looks like the first screenshot again: the quest no longer appears in the completed list and my completed quest count drops back to 2350. Screenshot 3 shows that I have completed each of these quests today but not a single one appears in the completed journal after logging out. My total completed quest count should be 2360, not 2350.

This makes me wonder how many other repeatable quests throughout the game disappear from the journal after logging out and are un-marked completed :eek:

Attachments

• screenie1.jpg
    screenie1.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 4
  • screenie2.jpg
    screenie2.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 5
  • screenie3.jpg
    screenie3.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Skrapa

Every repeatable quest does this as soon as the timer resets.

This is how repeatable quests work.
So you're saying all the completed repeatables in my journal from years ago that still show in my completed quest log are the ones bugged then, because they don't disappear after I log out? I don't think you understand the issue as I've explained it, but I don't know how to explain it any differently.

GrunEQ

I put in another post about 3 missions now showing up as uncompleted in my Achievement window which I did years ago. :confused:

Taled

So you're saying all the completed repeatables in my journal from years ago that still show in my completed quest log are the ones bugged then, because they don't disappear after I log out? I don't think you understand the issue as I've explained it, but I don't know how to explain it any differently.
Apologies, I wasn't entirely clear in my wording and should have been more specific. Every repeatable *mission* quest does this, not every repeatable *quest*; that was my mistake in the wording.

It's not a bug for repeatable missions - which will be the ones with timers that reset, as I mentioned - to disappear once the timer resets. Repeatable regular quests all stay in the journal, as you noted.

Skrapa

Apologies, I wasn't entirely clear in my wording and should have been more specific. Every repeatable *mission* quest does this, not every repeatable *quest*; that was my mistake in the wording.

It's not a bug for repeatable missions - which will be the ones with timers that reset, as I mentioned - to disappear once the timer resets. Repeatable regular quests all stay in the journal, as you noted.
To clarify: repeatable missions with timers disappear from the COMPLETED quest journal after logging out? I understand that a quest with a timer may disappear from your active quest journal if not completed in the allotted time. And since the EQ2 wiki has these group of quests categorized as Miscellaneous and not as Missions that further lends to my confusion.

Forestchild

Can't click on the pictures, cuz they won't load for me, but if they are repeatable, then they won't show up (or not supposed to), unless you click the box for "show repeatables" (bottom left of the completed tab in journal). Do you not have that checked or have that option??

Skrapa

Can't click on the pictures, cuz they won't load for me, but if they are repeatable, then they won't show up (or not supposed to), unless you click the box for "show repeatables" (bottom left of the completed tab in journal). Do you not have that checked or have that option??
EDIT: The checkbox is "only show repeatable quests", rather than "show repeatables". If the dang images would load properly you would see there are other finished repeatable quests showing properly ☹️

Yes, "show repeatables" is always checked. The pictures I posted are showing on a very hit-or-miss basis; maybe I need to reduce the sizes. Anyway, as I stated initially: they do appear in the COMPLETED quest list after finishing them, although you can't click them to view the quest info, and immediately upon logging out they no longer show as complete until you finish it again. I'm more concerned about having an accurate total completed quest count than anything lol

Kaitheel

EQ2 Dev -Live events, Lore & Quests
Staff member
Developer
Upon investigation I found that these particular quests fall outside of the usual quest or mission behavior. It's no wonder there was some confusion with them. They are not technically missions, as they are not using the mission system. (These were introduced in 2006. I suspect we didn't have the code for the mission system, yet.) Instead, they were intentionally scripted to be deleted from your journal after completion. I was able to confirm that they are counting toward your quest completion achievements, each time you complete one. I specifically tested that, Skrapa.

Hopefully that answers some questions and puts your mind at ease!

~ Kaitheel