Tradeskill Basements

Evilary

I remember when these were the only way to do anything tradeskill related. Now they have been pretty much retired as a novelty since there is nothing really to be done there except work orders and rush orders which can be done in the guild hall.

I would really like to see the npcs copied into these areas. I say copied because I know others would be unhappy to have to run into the basement to do their daily tinkering, adorning, etc. quests. Others would like to have this option, I think copying the npc's down here would be a nice compromise.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
There are no plans to do so at this time, but I will keep it in the back of my mind. The instances were left in during the revamp of Freeport and Qeynos because a certain number of players made a loud racket at the mention of possibly removing them.

I've been helping internally test the upcoming Origins server, and it reminds me that they always were really limited - you couldn't even buy your new recipe books inside the instance, but had to zone out and buy your books when you leveled up, then zone back in to craft.

Tkia

They're still very useful for people that aren't guilded. I did all my crafting levels there on Kaladim - far less laggy than out in the cities. But if you're adding things to the back of your mind (must be getting crowded in there :giggle: ) moving the book vendor inside and adding a banker would make it even more useful. :D

Evilary

There are no plans to do so at this time, but I will keep it in the back of my mind. The instances were left in during the revamp of Freeport and Qeynos because a certain number of players made a loud racket at the mention of possibly removing them.

I've been helping internally test the upcoming Origins server, and it reminds me that they always were really limited - you couldn't even buy your new recipe books inside the instance, but had to zone out and buy your books when you leveled up, then zone back in to craft.
It's been so long I forgot, where did you buy the books back then or is it mum's the word since you only remembered due to the origin server?

Evilary

They're still very useful for people that aren't guilded. I did all my crafting levels there on Kaladim - far less laggy than out in the cities. But if you're adding things to the back of your mind (must be getting crowded in there :giggle: ) moving the book vendor inside and adding a banker would make it even more useful. :D
I would almost love it if they would have thrown these basements into the guild hall for a basement instead of what we got. I love the Qeyno's design for sure and meh on the Freeport one but still kind of nice. I want some of those dividers they have between the stations and I could potentially recreate something similar in a prestige home that is just sitting there collecting dust at the moment.

Evilary

Just outside each crafting cellar was an NPC selling the books.
I remember the trip to the bank was a pain. I was a carpenter and always seemed to be making strongboxes and crawling back to the bank or broker. With weight not coming back, at least that won't be an issue.

Will be sad to not be able to trick a new person by giving them 1000 copper or so as a welcome...lol

Vuurvink

I remember the trip to the bank was a pain. I was a carpenter and always seemed to be making strongboxes and crawling back to the bank or broker. With weight not coming back, at least that won't be an issue.

Will be sad to not be able to trick a new person by giving them 1000 copper or so as a welcome...lol
I didn't start playing EQ2 until 2008 so never had the weight issue in-game here BUT I do remember this as well from EQ. Was lots of fun indeed tricking new folks /giggles (and also frustrating at times when I over-encumbered myself haha!).