Time Compression

Randalph

EQ2Wire Ambassador
With all mages now doing large chunks of their damage through Damage over Time effects and Time Compression suspending both Ancient Fury and Upbeat Tempo, this AA has lost a lot of its value. I have three different suggestions on how to change this ability.

For all 3 - Remove Ability Double cast.

Number one:
Remove the suspension of Ancient Fury and Upbeat Tempo
Increase profession abilities damage from 8 to 15.

Number two:
Remove the suspension of Ancient Fury

On a hostile ability cast this spell has a 11% chance to cast Time Compression on caster.
- The caster quickly rewinds time, instantly hitting the target with an additional attack. This effect can double cast.
This effect can only trigger once every 16.0 - 20.0 Seconds

Number three:
Grants a single mage ally the "Time Compression Device" ability.
- When activated stores the ally mage damage over the next 12 seconds, overloading the device and unleashing the stored damage on target.
This ability can only be used once every 150 seconds.

Last edited:

Chath

Number 3 makes me think that a target-cast record-damage then blast at the end of it could be really cool, sort of a mimic where the damage is attributed to the target rather than the enchanter. That'd definitely be popular with dps, anyway. I'd personally rather have the timing rest on the enchanter rather than the target to make it reward good coordination, though - the potential for it being wasted helps justify something being that strong.

Xavion

i do like the creativity of the 3rd idea would be like the bards vc/ro mechnic and does seem more fitting for the name.

ultraviolet

whatever you do on live please try to make a point to not break the TLE. Time compression has always been a class defining support for illusionists. It sounds like people on live aren't happy. With the removal of all recovery stats, time compression is one of the only ways left to get recovery. I guess the next question is does it even still give recovery speed or is the tooltip wrong. Anyway. Just asking for mindfulness on a class defining ability.