So, will we ever see...

Phee

Later expansions on a TLE, we historically have always ended around DOV/Skyshrine.

Chains of Eternity and the next like 9 expansions, the whole second half of eq2 that is currently being unused by really anyone. I understand this would be a lot of work to implement, but people want to experience all that eq2 has to offer without the insane stats of the live servers.

There is interest in a TLE that would walk us back to the live servers, since TLEs are tied to the Live servers, it should be do able.

Last edited:

Phee

I would LOVE to see the new TLE be a Traditional EQ2 Vanilla experience and start from launch, with very slow xp and longer expacs and then ALSO, take Varsoon up until at LEAST ToT or AoM.
i wouldnt mind that, but i think unfortunately, eq2 doesnt have the population to support 2 TLE servers at the same time. i Would love to see Varsoon get to level 130 with 4 months in every expac, but the moment a new TLE opens its gonna be dead in the water. and then were gonna deal with the same stuff until we reach DOV/AOD, then the cycle starts over again. its too repetitive for me, i mean ill still play it probably..

But, With that said, its just frustrating doing the same content for the past 4 TLE when there are 9 other expansions just sitting idly by, with no option to play them other than live where the level cap and power is far over every expansion aside from the current one. can i play them yes, can i play them, yes. can i feel like i belong in them? no. all im asking for is a TLE style server, that could eventually turn into a live server when whatever expansion launches by the time its to that same point.

Ryni

Bard since 2004
I would LOVE to play Chains of Eternity, Tears of Veeshan and Altar of Malice on TLE. After that when they started adding things like ascension classes and crazy stats I lost interest in Live. I know it would take dev time to work through gear and some raid fights possibly but I really think at least some of the TLE players would appreciate seeing those three expansions that have never before been done on a TLE.

Liberal

I think gear could be left as it was originally from the COE era, if possible, reversal of skyshrine/drunder/plane of war as well so it's more in line with what it was originally. We were running POW until TOV launched and we had everything killed, and full avatar gear because the expansions were so close in itemization on some items.

Release it as it was and itemization/tuning would be fine. We would be much more powerful than we were in that era due to drakkel adorns and other various changes, but I think that's OK given TLE's smaller time between expansions.

TOV would require some rework, primarily in practiced procs as those are what allowed us to actually kill things and they not longer stack.

Mandoh

I last played Tears of Veeshan as live...honestly a really awesome expac and I thoroughly enjoyed it - felt it was their best work since RoK/TSO. Trouble is - they make TLE servers go 4 months per expansion. I quit in AoM because there wasn't even enough content to get max level and no one would invite you to dungeon if you weren't max level. It was a very odd experience and I remember alot of people being really disappointed they had to go level in agnostic dungeons as part of the new expac. I would enjoy a TLE up through ToV if they went faster. Wouldn't be opposed to giving some of the newer ones a second chance but it never gets that far.

100% will not ever play another slow and grindy TLE. No real value with how all the loot is ultra generic now. I can lvl lock at 50/60/70/80 on a regular server and do everything as a level appropriate with mercs. Not much activity on these forums though so i guess just be happy i can come back every few years and go through it at my own pace since the game isn't sunset yet.

oakmiser

Later expansions on a TLE, we historically have always ended around DOV/Skyshrine.

Chains of Eternity and the next like 9 expansions, the whole second half of eq2 that is currently being unused by really anyone. I understand this would be a lot of work to implement, but people want to experience all that eq2 has to offer without the insane stats of the live servers.

There is interest in a TLE that would walk us back to the live servers, since TLEs are tied to the Live servers, it should be do able.
i dont see this happening anymore unless they announce the server as such.

Mesander

I honestly think the reason is alot of folks didn't like the homogenizing of stats which caused many classes to roll for the same piece of loot. The inflation of the stats followed along with that and got way out of hand. If I remember right - SF combined alot of specific stats together (example: crit chance). I really enjoyed more class-specific stats. While it was more granular; it helped achieve class originality. As the expacs advanced this becomes more prevalent. The older expansions never did this.