Shaman AA Tree - Tribal Rituals

jov122

This goes with the post suggesting changes to Ritual of Alacrity.

If the proposed changes are made to ritual of alacrity, I propose that the ability under it in the AA tree, Tribal Rituals also be changed.

Currently, it gives an additional 0.2 ADC per rank with a max of 8 ranks for a total of 1.6 Additional ADC. I propose that we make this a geared towards melee classes and give 10 flurry multi or 200 DPS mod at 8 ranks. That would equate to 1.25 flurry multi and 25 DPS mod per rank.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Chath

I don't really like the idea of the enhancement AA adding ritual of alacrity into a melee buff: that seems more like something that should be done with spiritual leadership, since Agility is the 'melee' AA line. I'd rather just add duration extension onto tribal rituals (I think that's what it used to be, once upon a time?) or further enhance the existing mods. Duration increase is what I would lean towards: give it 1.5 seconds a rank so that you'd get to 45 seconds at max rank, with a 90 second base reuse, so you could get full uptime.

jov122

I don't really like the idea of the enhancement AA adding ritual of alacrity into a melee buff: that seems more like something that should be done with spiritual leadership, since Agility is the 'melee' AA line. I'd rather just add duration extension onto tribal rituals (I think that's what it used to be, once upon a time?) or further enhance the existing mods. Duration increase is what I would lean towards: give it 1.5 seconds a rank so that you'd get to 45 seconds at max rank, with a 90 second base reuse, so you could get full uptime.
I'd be ok with whatever change to it. I was just trying to think outside of the box, but to be fair, we don't have AGI, STR, INT, etc lines anymore, so it really shouldn't matter that it would go into the WIS line. Plus, the Tribal Ritual end line buffs the shaman and not so much the group and Ritual of Alacrity isn't castable on yourself.

Chath

Fair enough, I guess I just don't really like mixing autoattack and ability stats because it sort of dilutes ritual of alacrity into an everything-buff. I think I'd prefer to keep it focused on boosting abilities of someone you cast it on and have Tribal Rituals as an enhancement AA that extends its duration to give you around full uptime. I'll grant that a duration-enhancer is a little dull, but I think it is a pretty straightforward buff to alacrity that enhances its value.

Last edited: