Sentry Watch is useless , does anyone use this spell?

i have Sentry Watch at Master and it is great PVP ability for sure....but i cant remember hardly ever using it in PVE settings....maybe im wrong? the heal never seems to be enough....50 percent would be something if its upgraded...but 21 percent? 1 more hit and someone is toast in today current content....what about adding a stoneskin? making it raid wide?

Flibbity

a Raidwide deathsave with rescues and positionals would certainly be class defining, but I'm afraid it would be significantly damaging to some content not designed for it. Raid wide with a certain number of maximum uses, like 6-8-10 would be much more interesting and valuable... specifically from a TLE perspective.

Flibbity

Thinking about the change I mentioned above, where sentry watch could be made raidwide; from only a TLE perspective I think it would need to be non-fighter if implemented as suggested. Too many mechanics require timed deathsaves on the tank, having an extra deathsave out of group on fighters would be undermining of those mechanics (lookin at you, gynok).

Brewnor

I used the ability all the time. It certainly saves my group in certain situations. I have an ACT trigger set to let me know when it triggers and who it triggers on. I think this ability works well. With the epic resetting it I basically have a 3 trigger group deathsave up a very high percentage of the time.

Flibbity

I'd like to state that groupwide deathsaves is a great ability, I disagree with the premise of the post suggesting its useless. I was hoping to suggest a development option.

Rhynoch

At ancient the heal is 33%. So it is more helpful. The thing that confuses me is the positional threat increase on target when it triggers?

If the group member just died and is now on 33% health why should they have a positional throw them higher than the tank when they are in their weakened state. I understand that it is intended to work as a last resort but wouldn't it make more sense for it to reduce their hate position to give them a chance to recover?

Brewnor: I would love to get that trigger if you have a toon on Skyfire look me up. Or show me what I need to put in it.