RPG elements? Missing .. permitive

Moxjet

In 2004 wasn't there a mechanic where you could actually put stat points into your abilities individually?!? also wasn't there a hardcore mode probably a specialized server that meant permadeath?!? around the same time as courts run as I played on the kithicore server.

Ps if I'm wrong that makes me delusional...

Cyrrena

I remember the character name check on the RPG servers. You input the name you wanted and if it passed their check a day or so later you received your name.

Cusashorn

This game has never allowed you to distribute stats like the character creation does in EverQuest. Your stats are based on the gear you have.
They've also never had a hardcore permadeath server because there are out-of-combat abilities that players could easily use to grief others into dying, which would be a customer service nightmare.

Dreamessa

In 2004 wasn't there a mechanic where you could actually put stat points into your abilities individually?!? also wasn't there a hardcore mode probably a specialized server that meant permadeath?!? around the same time as courts run as I played on the kithicore server.

I don't recall eq2 ever having a challenge mode or permadeath server.

I do recall way back in the original beta for the gave you could allocate stats at certain levels but I can't recall if that was something that ever made it to the live launch. I feel like it maybe got scrapped and replaced with racials instead.

Cyrrena

There was never perma-death, like the others have stated.

GrunEQ

There was a time when you could put points as you earned them into different stats as you wished (that gave you certain attributes); but they started standardizing stats by classes and so you could only add to what was allowed for your class. Later they standardized even more by all abilities/all stats sort of thing.