Raw cedar

terri

I am working on my proof is in the pudding with my woodworker character. I need to construct Blessed Fishing Rod which needs to be made with "raw cedar". I have only found severed cedar. I tried to craft it but it does not accept the severed cedar. There is no raw cedar that I was able to find.

Cusashorn

It's the T5 wood node rare that you need. I've done that quest 9 times over with all 9 classes across one toon, and I never had any issues with what rares were needed in the recipe books.

Evilary

I pulled the recipe up on my woodworker and it says severed cedar will work. Are you using a default UI? Is the item in your inventory? I'm sure I will think of a few more based on the responses.

1713914895769.png

terri

I started it yesterday and checked and it is supposed to be severed cedar. I have 5 Tier rares that are severed cedar. My recipe has raw cedar when I open it.

terri

I just pulled up my character and looked at my recipe book. It has raw cedar and is in red. It does not accept my severed cedar.

Evilary

Try clicking to change it to see what it shows available to use. It might let you select the severed then use it. See my response above for questions that may help narrow down what's going on.

terri

I tried to change but nothing is available on that page when I checked. I was able to make one yesterday and went to find more rares today. I could not make it after the update.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
When subcombines were removed, a chunk of recipes still used the "raw" designator in them. (No, I'm not really sure why, but it will be a snarled mess to clean up, if we ever do.)

"raw" wood = severed wood (maple, elm, cedar, etc., etc.)
"raw" metal/ore = metal cluster (tin cluster, bronze cluster, etc.)
and so on. When you see "raw" in the recipe mentally change that word to be what is used for a name with that resource type.

Evilary

There were also treasure chest drops that would work for a rare. I want to say it was a cedar notebook or something to that effect.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
There were also treasure chest drops that would work for a rare. I want to say it was a cedar notebook or something to that effect.

Most of those drops were really popular in the old Splitpaw dungeons. I *think* most or even all of them have been discontinued, but there are likely a few still floating around.

Evilary

Most of those drops were really popular in the old Splitpaw dungeons. I *think* most or even all of them have been discontinued, but there are likely a few still floating around.
Yeah, I bought a few off the broker a while back. So many seem to be forgetting what they are that it was cheaper to purchase those than the rare from the harvest node.

Cusashorn

When subcombines were removed, a chunk of recipes still used the "raw" designator in them. (No, I'm not really sure why, but it will be a snarled mess to clean up, if we ever do.)

"raw" wood = severed wood (maple, elm, cedar, etc., etc.)
"raw" metal/ore = metal cluster (tin cluster, bronze cluster, etc.)
and so on. When you see "raw" in the recipe mentally change that word to be what is used for a name with that resource type.
I just pulled up my character and looked at my recipe book. It has raw cedar and is in red. It does not accept my severed cedar.

Terri says that the severed cedar wouldn't highlight as green, and wouldn't be accepted. This might be a bug.

Evilary

Terri says that the severed cedar wouldn't highlight as green, and wouldn't be accepted. This might be a bug.
I asked several questions which might help lead to finding out if it was user error or a bug. Biggest one being default UI. I checked and it is working for my woodworker using the default UI.