Suggestion [Raid Armor Patterns 3/3] Needs Attention.

Seth

Raid Armor Patterns should convert to CB overcap.

I will use the following for Context : Legs

Reasons for this:

1. single purple raid armour has always converted > If they don't convert 1. what is the point in bidding / using them. > 2. Djinnblood are exact same, but double purple..

2. They require 3 parts to make. which is time & effort & DKP > 1. The End result should be " better " or Still, Convertible.

3. Why are they in game if Djinnblood can just supersede them with a double purple.

My personal Take on this:

It should Still function like the rest of the expansion, if your having to acquire 3 parts in raid to fuse together, the end result should be better or at least worth the effort.

What I personally would like to see:

Either

1. Make the 3 part Fuse transform into a Double Purple slot.
2. Make it a Double Purple & Convertible.
3. Allow it to be converted and Keep it a single slot ( which to be honest it should be already )
4. Increase it to a 510 Res cap with Double purple. ( allows you to maybe jig your gear around more for maximum benefit with the 10 res extra floating )

Thanks for reading, happy to hear peoples opinion on this.

Sentrasia

I agree it should be convertible since it's a single purple item. However, not sure I agree with it being double purple and convertible.

It is kind of a weird choice to just randomly have single purple legs be effigy drops that require 3 drops.
  • No raid armor prior was this way (this xpack).
  • It's not a resolve level that's out of line for the rest of the loot in the zone.
  • You get double purple just as a regular chest drop.
  • You get single purple armor for other slots (arms/feet/forearms/etc) in VSS as regular chest drops.

Bentenn

I agree it should be convertible since it's a single purple item. However, not sure I agree with it being double purple and convertible.

It is kind of a weird choice to just randomly have single purple legs be effigy drops that require 3 drops.
  • No raid armor prior was this way (this xpack).
  • It's not a resolve level that's out of line for the rest of the loot in the zone.
  • You get double purple just as a regular chest drop.
  • You get single purple armor for other slots (arms/feet/forearms/etc) in VSS as regular chest drops.
Well it was that way until we complained about lack of CBOC gear and then they made raid gear convertible after that. It's just another way to boost resolve if needed and you still have any and all other raid gear that can be converted. Some stuff can be converted. If you don't need them because you're wearing 500 resolve legs then it doesn't matter really. We get it that nobody will wear unless they need that extra 10 resolve, but i really think they put it in as catch up mechanics for those you may bring in.

Primitive

Patch Notes February 1st

"Weapons, armor, and accessories dropped by Ballads of Zimara raid encounters can now be converted into equivalent items with Critbonus Overcap instead of the Critbonus stat when examined. The conversion is one way only, you cannot convert them back into their original form, and the newly converted items are No-Trade."

Legs should be convertible to cboc.

Bentenn

Patch Notes February 1st

"Weapons, armor, and accessories dropped by Ballads of Zimara raid encounters can now be converted into equivalent items with Critbonus Overcap instead of the Critbonus stat when examined. The conversion is one way only, you cannot convert them back into their original form, and the newly converted items are No-Trade."

Yep, I know what it says, but what it doesn't say is crates or patterns from raid mobs. They are giving you a chance to pick the exact pair you want vs just taking the ones that drop of any flavor and converting them. I get it and not saying I don't agree. I'm just telling you how they think lol. This isn't the first time they do stuff like this.

Taled

Patch Notes February 1st

Patterns are not 'weapons, armor, and accessories', so that statement has nothing to do with them.

Not that I care one way or the other whether they make them convertible, but it's a moot point to use that statement as a reasoning to claim they have to be convertible. Semantics, sure, but it isn't what they said.

They aren't likely to be changed to convert, and honestly - the fact that you get a 10R bump and get to pick the stat layout means the items are still worth it except for the legs/bp slots, where you want CBOC items even if they are lower resolve due to the higher CB. It's an excellent way to have a 'hotswap' piece for when you need higher resolve.

Seth

Patterns are not 'weapons, armor, and accessories', so that statement has nothing to do with them.

Not that I care one way or the other whether they make them convertible, but it's a moot point to use that statement as a reasoning to claim they have to be convertible. Semantics, sure, but it isn't what they said.

They aren't likely to be changed to convert, and honestly - the fact that you get a 10R bump and get to pick the stat layout means the items are still worth it except for the legs/bp slots, where you want CBOC items even if they are lower resolve due to the higher CB. It's an excellent way to have a 'hotswap' piece for when you need higher resolve.
Lets not look too deep into this. Patterns Are Equipment. and it says " Weapons, armor, and accessories. It does not say " Weapons, armor, and accessories, Excluding Pattern items "
Any Form of equipment which is Not Double Purple Converts into Cbovercap.
If it was Intended for Patterns to Not Convert, It should either establish that on a tooltip or mention it in a seperate patch update.
The same boss drops legs which are exactly the same resolve and Double Purple - which far outweighs a generic stat.

Taled

Lets not look too deep into this. Patterns Are Equipment. and it says " Weapons, armor, and accessories. It does not say " Weapons, armor, and accessories, Excluding Pattern items "
If it was Intended for Patterns to Not Convert, It should either establish that on a tooltip or mention it in a seperate patch update.
The same boss drops legs which are exactly the same resolve and Double Purple - which far outweighs a generic stat.
Patterns didnt exist when that statement was made.
Patterns give a 10R bump and let you pick the stats, that is the point.

Seth

Patterns didnt exist when that statement was made.
Patterns give a 10R bump and let you pick the stats, that is the point.
patterns give the same resolve as many things i have seen already.

what stats do you want to pick over cbovercap.

Primitive

Semantics, sure, but it isn't what they said.
The pattern gives an item. No one will want the legs unless it's convertible. Trash loot is 500 resolve and convertible. With a dwindling player base, we need to be inclusive, not exclusive. I just remembered why I seldom post on forums.

Bentenn

patterns give the same resolve as many things i have seen already.

what stats do you want to pick over cbovercap.
This drop allows you to get multiple people legs at 500 resolve legs for the boost. Take them the first time through and bump your raid more quickly and then get the ones that convert lol. It’s going to be quite a few runs through before opening up the final tier on anyway.
Let’s not look too deep into this. Patterns Are Equipment. and it says " Weapons, armor, and accessories. It does not say " Weapons, armor, and accessories, Excluding Pattern items "
Double purple doesn’t convert just like the pattern drops, so you lose CBOC on it either way but gain the resolve. My guess is you would pass on both sets but hey at least if you need the resolve either pair works. Choices lol. Not everything can be the BIS item for you out the gate.

This is literally what you are sounding like. I deserve CBOC for every slot and then I pick and choose what I want. Well of course everyone goes legs/chest and the. Mostly armor lol. Put your CBOC somewhere else, take the resolve boost and then gather replaceable item. It will still be a little but before the t5 mob gets opened.

Bentenn

well at least the bots of eq2 have been uncovered.
hardly lol, just stating facts. 500 resolve double purple slot legs drop in there, and doubt anyone takes those except for resolve due to CBOC not being a thing on those, yet no one is complaining about that, because after they implemented the CBOC swap everyone said, well that's semi-fair I suppose. 500 resolve legs drop that convert and 500 resolve legs that goes in patterns drop that don't. Those are again more so for here you go resolve and an extra set of legs, you know in case you're catching people up, you toss them legs to get them going. If raid forces decide to DKP them vice just assigning to one person three times, then that's on them, since they know what they do. If you choose to go in on them, then again that's what you do.

If you're that class that still makes auto attack work with the right group and have to wear 480 resolve legs vs 500 because that's all you get to drop, now you get to choose those 500 resolve legs and put on another piece with CBOC lol. It's called options, not give me the BIS gear all the time, every time.

But with that being said as well, most guilds that are going through this zone quickly don't even need the resolve to be at max. They are just playing the oh so fun faction/reverse faction game.

Last edited: