Protective Instinct

Clintsat

The Heroic AA Tree ability Protective Instinct should have it's ward cap lifted. Limiting the ward based on a percentage of HP makes the ward significantly less useful in the current healing meta. Given that wards are needed to survive nearly all encounters and that this ward requires "charging up" and only lasts 10 seconds...the cap seems no longer necessary.

Corro

Strong agree here. I had mentioned this back when those beta forums were live. The regenerative portion was fixed, but that cap removal was kind of ignored. It should really be removed to make this in any way competitive, especially considering the amount of AA points it requires. Right now it's kind of useless.

Anastaise

Even with the fix to the regenerative portion, it will only regenerate once during the 10 second ward duration and with the current ward cap it isn't worth the massive AA cost. The cap really does need to be removed to make this ability worthwhile. It would also help tremendously with furies being able to solo heal harder hitting content if this was fixed.

Chath

What sort of values would it get right now without a cap? Is it a 1:1 conversion? I don't think it matters too much if the ward is several thousand times player health right now, but it could become a problem if they ever start to adjust things so that large wards could expire and wonder if the damage -> ward ratio would need to be adjusted at all. Don't get me wrong, the health cap has to go for this to be useful, I just don't want us to get into a situation where this becomes some weird outlier that breaks the game because it's a few hundred times the value of the next biggest ward.

Anastaise

Honestly, because of the HP cap, we don't even know the percentage of damage that is contributing to the ward. Instead of 30% cap, they could change it to 400+%, so it would remain relevant.

Anastaise

It's not a ward that can be maintained full-time since it takes 10 seconds to charge it (via dps) and then the duration is only 10 seconds with a 30 second recast. It's a lot of work to get the ward up on the group and it's really only good for foreseeable damage (i.e. boss damage ability that is on a timer) since it takes so long to charge and has such a short duration. Besides possibly removing/significantly increasing the ward cap, the other factor that could make this more usable is increasing the ward duration so it can be maintained more reliably.

Chath

Yeah, I didn't realize how short the duration was, my bad - hopping on a fury and testing it again, seems like 20 seconds or something? Making the duration longer seems warranted.

Last edited:

Anastaise

Here is the spell info for reference. The charge time is 10 seconds and the ward duration is 10 seconds. The ward is toggleable up until the charge expires @ 3min. Most toggle the ward on prior to expiration.

1712009995276.png