Power requirement

Moadeep

New player here, so excuse if this is a dumb question.

Now that we are able to get to tradeskill 10+ and gain the durability abilities for crafting, I am wondering if the power needed is correct.

Should I be out of power at lvl 12 as a conjurer making a lvl 12 apprentice 4 spell?

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
One of each trio of reactions consumes power. At low levels, you will need to be a bit more careful about using that one, as it does get power-hungry.

Cusashorn

Worst case scenario, you can limp along the progress by hitting the two durability reactions that don't consume power. You should be getting a marginal power boost when you hit the proper reactive prompts as well.

SolarFaire

Worst case scenario, you can limp along the progress by hitting the two durability reactions that don't consume power. You should be getting a marginal power boost when you hit the proper reactive prompts as well.
Would help if all of the durability reactions were available to every 10+ crafter. On the Beta, some are still missing them. They gave us progress reactions at the start. Some crafts do have both 10+ But you are correct, if power is getting low, don't use the one that is power to cast but use the other two durability or progress reactions.

Rijacki

I ran out of power and then was reminded by this thread to have both a totem (Beetle) and drink. With just those, I could spam including the power drains without running out.

You'll only get the durability of your 10+ craft, i.e. if you're a craftsman, you won't get the scholar or outfitter durability. You get your own specialization spells, not the others. Same when you move on to the specialty, you'll only get the new arts that are associated with the one you chose. If you choose carpenter after craftsman, you won't get the new arts for woodworker or provisioner.