Paladin and Shadowknight

Evilary

I'm looking for some information on both of these. In BoZ, they take a hit like they are wearing a wet paper bag rather than armor. It is possible it is my AA's, is there a good link to a solo build for these so I can compare what I have to what I should have?

If it's not the AA's any other advice would be useful. I have familiar summoned, all buffs up, etc. I can 1 shot the overland mobs and wreak some havoc in the dungeons but the bosses eat me alive. I have a wizard who takes hits better and that doesn't seem right that a clothie can take a hit better than a plate wearer.

Sentrasia

You have a solid line of defensives as an SK. Crusader's Faith - your health really shouldn't move if you are atking and have faith running. DA and Furors both. On top of having life taps and aura of leadership. If you're still having trouble the only other thing I can suggest is Field Medic.

Evilary

I tinkered around with my AA's and now my Paladin is taking hits like I thought he should. I'll look at my Shadowknight again and see what changes I can make there. I was literally using my heal and the field medic as fast as it would recharge and still barely making it through. Biggest thing I saw was I had my AA's set for offensive stance stuff but was running defense stance. Changed all that around and that helped a lot.

Putting this info in here in case someone else has the same issues.

Aull

My sk does fairly good defensively considering that he does so so much damage. When just goofing around with standard mobs for daily quests I can gather around ten standard mobs and burn them down generally with one tick of unending agony. However, any more than that it’s like he is wearing cloth armor.

My zerker can gather 15 or more and stay alive better but has no where near the damage like my sk. Zerker in some cases uses three of his aoe abilities to kill what my sk does with one that is a dot that really kills with first hit not even giving the dot a chance to tic. Not even a contest at this point anymore.

Reset aa’s and try that. Reset again if needed. One thing I will say that my sk in defense stance still does phenomenal damage where my zerker really takes a huge hit to damage output when going defensive.

Right now shadow knights have no penalties to do what they do to make damage happen. Tanking or not they still can throw down. Zerkers have abilities that in order for them to work the zerker must be hit for it to have a chance to trigger. Bruisers are limited when tanking since some abilities must be flanking or behind and also be behind to potentially double damage with some abilities.

Again just experiment with aa selection and you should be darn near like a one man gang. I can’t comment for raid but in every day Norrath no other fighter comes close to sk except a Paladin.

Have fun!

Evilary

I think my biggest problem has been I've been away too long. I leveled these classes and played them on and off for years. I came back last year from at least a 5 year gap. So much has changed in ways I am still learning all these months later. I don't know what a lot of the AA's do or mean so I usually let the default leveling spec take hold. I have learned to start adjusting but it is a long hard fight in some ways. I hate to lose my character but I almost feel like I need to delete and start over to relearn the whole set up from the start. Maybe Origin server will give a chance as the leveling aspect can be so quick with all the changes in game over the years. Not much time to learn something when your at max.

Raeven

In Sanctus Seru on Luclin. Shadowknights 100 and up can buy the pet spell on the lower level from a merchant, status merchant maybe? The spell is called Death's Devotion, I believe.

On the upper level of Sanctus Seru, all the way to the end, is a merchant from whom you can buy the recipes to upgrade the spell.

Evilary

In Sanctus Seru on Luclin. Shadowknights 100 and up can buy the pet spell on the lower level from a merchant, status merchant maybe? The spell is called Death's Devotion, I believe.

On the upper level of Sanctus Seru, all the way to the end, is a merchant from whom you can buy the recipes to upgrade the spell.
I missed that expansion when it was live. I ended up rushing through and doing just enough to get to the next level for the next expansion. I'll have to run up that way and see what I can find. Thanks.