Marketplace - Display Stands

Juull

Not sure which forum this should go in, but is it possible we could revisit the marketplace item - Display Stand? With a cost of 199 DBC for one, or 1795 DBC for a bundle of 10 (minus 10% for subscribers) we are looking at a cost of ~5760DBC for 32 stands to display the unique items available from the 16 Year of Darkpaw Herald Camps. That's assuming people aren't able to purchase the trophies, which would cut their display needs in half. 5760DBC is going to cost at LEAST $55, which is why I haven't purchased a single display stand yet, even though teal is my most favorite color in the world. (And this is just ONE project I have thought of using display stands - I would love to have a Heritage Quest Museum where you could see the real items! Or Warehouse could redo his LoN Museum on Majdul to display some of the items that otherwise can't be displayed!)

If you look at my account history, you'll see that I have absolutely NO issue spending money above and beyond my subscription costs on this game, even to gamble on things that will give my character a time limited marginal increase to my stats. I want this game to succeed. I want the people working on it to receive a fair wage, and dare I say it - raises! However, I also want to feel like I'm getting a decent value for the money I spend, and the Display Stands ain't it.

Is there a possible compromise to be had here? I would be super happy to spend let's say $20 on a crafting book that had patterns for display stands of various colors, and I bet a lot of other decorators might be too. Heck, make them heirloom so they don't end up flooding the broker at 1k plat each. The display stands are a very innovative item and I would really like to use them, but I am not going to lay out the kind of cash you are looking for on them as they are now. There are other ways for me to display weapons. Sometimes a cash grab is just too grabby to make much cash; I really think you'd see a better ROI on this art if it was sold in a different format.