Maps not working.

Llopod

alt + o > advanced options > ui settings > map options > disable use of new map system

welcome to the OG EQ2 MAP :D

Mesander

Starting today, I am no longer able to see maps of any zones on the Beta server. I am using EQ2Maps, and have had no problems up to this point. Is there a way to get the maps working again?
EQ2Maps isn't working with BETA. I had the same problem and finally figured it out last night. You have to uninstall EQ2Maps and also manually delete the EQ2Maps folder which is in the BetaServer/UI/ parent directory. Once you do this you should be able to use the newer built-in map.

Araxes

Also as an FYI — most zones did not have maps at this time, period. Whether the “new” map system or the old one.

(Although I do think the OG map system is bugged because the Freeport main city zones don’t even show up, there, whereas they do for Qeynos.)

LizardKin

EQ2Maps isn't working with BETA. I had the same problem and finally figured it out last night. You have to uninstall EQ2Maps and also manually delete the EQ2Maps folder which is in the BetaServer/UI/ parent directory. Once you do this you should be able to use the newer built-in map.
Okay, will that affect my use of EQ2Maps on Antonia Bayle? I would like to keep using it there.

Mesander

Okay, will that affect my use of EQ2Maps on Antonia Bayle? I would like to keep using it there.
I probably should've left EQ2Maps installed and simply removed the folder from the BetaServer installation - but I was unsure what was causing the maps not work so I uninstalled and deleted the folder. I would try deleting the EQ2Maps folder from the BetaServer/UI directory and leave it installed. That would probably still work on live. Let me know if that works.

LizardKin

I found a solution. I removed the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml files from my UI folder, which allows me to use the default map while retaining my other UI elements.

Araxes

Can confirm:
  1. if "old" map system is enabled, world map appears when in [Antonica.]
    1. Expected: black and white old-style zone map appears
  2. if "new" map system is enabled, no map appears when in [Antonica.]
    1. Expected: colorized map of zone appears
Environment: no mods installed.