Lock End-Game Raids For X Weeks

Maergoth

Ezfix. It's not like the vote is hardcoded to apply. It's just a data source. They can do with that data whatever they want.

Just make it harder to hold the server in place each time the vote fails, starting at the half way point, and guarantee it progresses at the "classic" limit at the slowest. One vote per subbed account.

"Should we stay in this expansion for now?"
Month 6: 50% yes required to keep it from progressing
Month 7: 60%
Month 8: 70%
Month 9: 80%
Month 10: 90%

Or the inverse

"Should we move onto the next expansion?"
Month 6: 90% yes required to progress it
Month 7: 80%
Month 8: 70%
Month 9: 60%
Month 10: 50%

Neither one is fundamentally different, but i'm sure someone's itching to argue psychology. It really doesn't matter in the context of the conversation.

Worst case scenario, it's a classic timeline. Best case scenario, it's what the majority wants. You really can't disagree with either scenario per the server vision.

Last edited:

Vlahkmaak

This is not a PvP/e server - if someone kills something before me it has zero impact on my, or anyone else's ability, to play the game. Even back then it just drove the competition; I always enjoyed seeing what other people won first if posted in chat - even if they were dirty Q's. I would vote against this mechanic were it actually put to a vote as it seems to punish success and artificially limit player choice.

Whether or not you are exposed to or participate in bickering over anything is really up to you. The hardcore contingent you speak of would have to have been the majority in order to win a super majority vote.

The only reason I can see why anyone wouldn't want voting is either they don't believe votes matter (they believe developers ignore them and do what they want,) or they are the minority when it comes to voting (more people vote for the opposite of what they want.)
I can only assume you didn't play on Stormhold, because how it worked was basically the exact opposite of what you just said here.

Saint Sora

I can only assume you didn't play on Stormhold, because how it worked was basically the exact opposite of what you just said here.
You're right. I played on Deathtoll during that time and I misspoke because I assumed voting was done in a way that it was not done. All the more reason for voting to be a simple 51% to 49% majority wins system were it to be reintroduced.