Kithicor Forest's fate

Celestia

Went to Phantom Sea and saw what happened to Kithicor Forest - I was originally on the Kithicor server when I started playing, and so my ex told me horror stories about EQ and how people tried to race through there before dark.

I went there though because I wanted to see a couple raid zones, the Cathedral of Bones is beautiful. I love it. Tserrina (I think was her name) was she the chick who Mayong broke up with in Tower of Frozen Shadow?

Twyla

Went to Phantom Sea and saw what happened to Kithicor Forest - I was originally on the Kithicor server when I started playing, and so my ex told me horror stories about EQ and how people tried to race through there before dark.

I went there though because I wanted to see a couple raid zones, the Cathedral of Bones is beautiful. I love it. Tserrina (I think was her name) was she the chick who Mayong broke up with in Tower of Frozen Shadow?
Yes, Tserrina is the gal Mayong messed up and locked up. She escapes and becomes a real horror later, then in VoV she gets to yell at Mayong for a while.

Cusashorn

Kithicor Forest was a low level zone that was connected to both Highpass and the Western Commonlands. Most importantly though, it was directly connected to Rivervale itself. Halfling players originally didn't have to worry too much about traveling through the forest aside from the occasional level 10 monster. Now, traveling out of Rivervale at night is extremely dangerous unless you stick to following the zone walls. High level undead roam the forest at night

It all started when a goblin named Nurgal mined up a special metal orb deep in the mines of Highkeep. The local Dark Elf ambassador realized what immense power it contained inside, and hurried to deliver it to Neriak. Word had spread of the artifact, and Firiona Vie vowed to keep it out of Lanys T'Vyl's hands. The Daughter of Innoruuk himself had already made a name for herself and wanted to do her father proud. Armies of Highkeep, Felwithe, and Kelethin gathered in Kithicor Forest to fight against the armies of Neriak. It ended up being the largest battle ever fought in many centuries, not since ancient battles from Ages before the Combine Empire, when records of history were nearly all lost.

Firiona's forces ended up overpowering Lanys. Out of desperation, Lanys' mentor Laarthik called out to Innoruuk through the orb.

Seeing the gravity of the situation, Laarthik pulled the large glowing blue sphere found by the goblin Nurgal from out of his breastplate. The orb glowed brightly, pulsing and vibrating in Laarthik's hands. The air resonated and hummed with energy. Holding the orb to the sky, he cried out in a strangled voice, "Innoruuk! In the name of Lanys T'Vyl, I beseech you! Attend her!" The energy contained within the orb was released.

The screams of ten thousand damned souls filled the world as an immeasurable power opened a rift in the astral barrier. The hearts of even the most evil and twisted creatures in Norrath were suddenly filled with dread and fear from the terrible miasma of evil that spewed forth from the Plane of Hate.

Laarthik's borrowed body was encased in a pillar of fire emanating from the orb, as the energies of Innoruuk were unleashed. Nothing can withstand the presence of a god and Laarthik's body was quickly torn apart by the terrible power.

Lanys tossed her head and laughed throatily. She shouted out in welcome to the power of Innoruuk. Her body glowed with crimson flame as she was drawn upward by the Prince of Hate, her father. The Child of Hate disappeared into the swirling rift in the sky as the remains of Laarthik crumpled to the ground. A tremendous roar rose up from the very heart of Norrath.

Firiona Vie stared in dismay and shock as Lanys was swept into the Heart of Hate, dread filling her eyes with angry tears. The Chosen of Tunare called out to those around her as her heart was overcome by terror,

"Flee! Flee for your lives! Doom approaches!"
Firiona rushed to Galeth's side and cried, "This is a portent of death! None can survive the Hate Innoruuk will cast upon us!" She helped her fallen mentor struggle to his feet and together, they both fled the scene of the calamity.

A vacuous wave of hopelessness and dread withered the souls of all in Kithicor as sight was ripped from their eyes from Innoruuk's presence. Hearts beating rapidly in fear suddenly stopped. In an instant, the terrible clamor of war was replaced by an unnatural silence. All life in the forest, whether dark elf, ally, or animal, was instantly extinguished.

And so ended the Battle of Bloody Kithicor. Both sides suffered terrible losses. The allied forces held what was probably the most sober and somber "victory" party in history at High Pass. The Dark Elves retreated to Neriak. The once quiet, sylvan forest that was filled with relatively peaceful woodland creatures had been forever tainted. To this day, Kithicor is haunted by the restless souls of the fallen soldiers that perished during that terrible war. The world was never the same again.

Lanys T'Vyl was spared, but she was also humiliated. Laarthik threw her into a portal to the Plane of Hate before calling upon his help. Lanys would spend many years locked up in the Plane of Hate, being tortured and tormented by her father until her hatred burned hotter than it ever had before. Kithicor's fate is still apparent in the Altar of Malice expansion. The trees are dead, though lesser plantlife and animals have adapted to it. Undead still roam, as it will never be safe to travel the woods again.

However, Lanys did not turn out how Innoruuk had hoped. Her soul would be taken from her body within the Plane of Hate and transplanted into a new mortal body on Norrath.

"Despite the wishes of our father, Lanys T'Vyl continues to act as the Child of Hate. It was prophesized that Lanys T'Vyl, daughter of Hate, was to be sacrificed so that the borrowed powers could be returned to Innoruuk, to clear the way for the new chosen, Valizrae D'Tora." -- The Neriak Signals newspaper.

Lanys would quickly make an enemy of Neriak itself. She had her own plans and desires. A plan to take revenge against Innoruuk himself. She started seeking out three parts of an artifact known as Malevolence, and was planning a ritual that would seal Innoruuk away from Norrath's realm. Her followers would gather for her deep within the old fortress now known as Befallen. Even Mayong Mistmoore got involved with Neriak's plans to thwart her. In the Rathe Mountains, Lanys T'Vyl's followers would battle against the armies of Neriak while she tried to perform her ritual. Lanys was ultimately slain. Innoruuk himself appeared to take her soul for himself, and allow his new daughter to become the new Child of Hate after Lanys' failures.

Lanys T'Vyl's followers branded themselves as The Primordial Malice. They made efforts to steal away her corpse, although they would almost be completely wiped out by powers of the Plane of Hate itself. All but one. One single priest managed to escape, and slowly cured the affliction of the other followers.

In EQ2's timeline, the Primordial Malice would construct the Ossuary of Malevolence next to Kithicor Forest where it all began. Centuries of searching for her physical remains as well as her soul would ultimately lead to her resurrection, not as a mortal, but as the Demi-God of Malevolence that she had never been able to obtain in her past lives.

Celestia

I would love that post if I could. How fascinating, was there something about the organ in the raid that had any significance? I thought it was an amazing zone. I thought maybe it was either a script or something else that caused the red portal when I killed the last named in the zone.

And correct me if I’m mistaken, but was Lanys Mistmoore’s lover at one point?

Celestia

BAH. I got every kill done to try and get the Unkillable title, and then read up on The Construct of Malice fight. Bummer dude. Anyone know if he drops a head? And if so, can I convince 2 or 3 people here to come help me beat the script and kill him?

Cusashorn

He does have a trophy, but you have to intentionally turn off almost all of your AA profile and get three other people to help keep you alive.

Llopod

Kithicor Forest was a low level zone that was connected to both Highpass and the Western Commonlands. Most importantly though, it was directly connected to Rivervale itself. Halfling players originally didn't have to worry too much about traveling through the forest aside from the occasional level 10 monster. Now, traveling out of Rivervale at night is extremely dangerous unless you stick to following the zone walls. High level undead roam the forest at night

It all started when a goblin named Nurgal mined up a special metal orb deep in the mines of Highkeep. The local Dark Elf ambassador realized what immense power it contained inside, and hurried to deliver it to Neriak. Word had spread of the artifact, and Firiona Vie vowed to keep it out of Lanys T'Vyl's hands. The Daughter of Innoruuk himself had already made a name for herself and wanted to do her father proud. Armies of Highkeep, Felwithe, and Kelethin gathered in Kithicor Forest to fight against the armies of Neriak. It ended up being the largest battle ever fought in many centuries, not since ancient battles from Ages before the Combine Empire, when records of history were nearly all lost.

Firiona's forces ended up overpowering Lanys. Out of desperation, Lanys' mentor Laarthik called out to Innoruuk through the orb.

Lanys T'Vyl was spared, but she was also humiliated. Laarthik threw her into a portal to the Plane of Hate before calling upon his help. Lanys would spend many years locked up in the Plane of Hate, being tortured and tormented by her father until her hatred burned hotter than it ever had before. Kithicor's fate is still apparent in the Altar of Malice expansion. The trees are dead, though lesser plantlife and animals have adapted to it. Undead still roam, as it will never be safe to travel the woods again.

However, Lanys did not turn out how Innoruuk had hoped. Her soul would be taken from her body within the Plane of Hate and transplanted into a new mortal body on Norrath.

Lanys would quickly make an enemy of Neriak itself. She had her own plans and desires. A plan to take revenge against Innoruuk himself. She started seeking out three parts of an artifact known as Malevolence, and was planning a ritual that would seal Innoruuk away from Norrath's realm. Her followers would gather for her deep within the old fortress now known as Befallen. Even Mayong Mistmoore got involved with Neriak's plans to thwart her. In the Rathe Mountains, Lanys T'Vyl's followers would battle against the armies of Neriak while she tried to perform her ritual. Lanys was ultimately slain. Innoruuk himself appeared to take her soul for himself, and allow his new daughter to become the new Child of Hate after Lanys' failures.

Lanys T'Vyl's followers branded themselves as The Primordial Malice. They made efforts to steal away her corpse, although they would almost be completely wiped out by powers of the Plane of Hate itself. All but one. One single priest managed to escape, and slowly cured the affliction of the other followers.

In EQ2's timeline, the Primordial Malice would construct the Ossuary of Malevolence next to Kithicor Forest where it all began. Centuries of searching for her physical remains as well as her soul would ultimately lead to her resurrection, not as a mortal, but as the Demi-God of Malevolence that she had never been able to obtain in her past lives.
Altar of Malice is what i think when reading that very last bit.