QA In Progress Insane damage from DOTs

wind

I have already created a thread in this topic (on the old forum), which for some reason was ignored. Why hasn't the bug with DOTs been fixed yet? It started at least in the Nectulos forest, all such spells cause a completely unacceptable amount of damage from time to time. It doesn't depend on boss boosts or any other events (it's easy to reproduce and verify). Why are players faced with such insurmountable obstacles in challenge dungeons? Just for fun? Are you having fun?

<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> but fails to inflict any damage. [9 times]
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> for 17.0B magic damage. <---?!
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> but fails to inflict any damage. [5 times]
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> for 1.3B magic damage. [6 times]
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> for 1.2B magic damage. [3 times]
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> but fails to inflict any damage. [4 times]
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> for 1.2B magic damage. [3 times]
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> but fails to inflict any damage.
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> for 1.2B magic damage.
<...> Goldfeather's Feather for a Feather hits <...> for 182.1B magic damage. <---?!

The picture is about the same for all the characters in the group. Suddenly, for no reason, DOT deals 10 or even 100 times more damage than usual. It also does not depend on the duration of the DOT.

1711917858239.png

Xavion

if thats the thing from the phylactery its probly cause wards and other things are eating the damage and when it runs out it hits for alot more cause it wasnt shut off sooner as it grows in damage longer it stays on

wind

No, it's not just about that phylactery thing. This also applies to "Flecks of Regret". This applies to any of the same type of DOTs (e. g. "Debris Field" in the "Shattered Unrest" instance). And no, the damage cannot be "accumulated". And without damage absorbing effects, the graph will simply be much more "jagged".

Chrol

Senior Designer
Staff member
Developer
Usually big hits like that come from either the boss gaining a buff and/or the player being debuffed.
For Goldfeather, he may have gained a buff called Feathered Frenzy which grants him quite a lot of Fervor, but can be prevented.

wind

Usually big hits like that come from either the boss gaining a buff and/or the player being debuffed.
For Goldfeather, he may have gained a buff called Feathered Frenzy which grants him quite a lot of Fervor, but can be prevented.
It was checked. No.

wind

A fresh example, Nugget. Periodic damage from "Flecks of Regret". No deaths, no buffs on mob.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-28 191719.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-28 191719.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 5

wind

Goldfeather, "Feather for a Feather", a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-28 204613.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-28 204613.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 4

Lykan

I've seen this as well... but not every fight. People will just start to get one shot. See it with that other trauma one as well Flecks of Regret or something.

Randalph

EQ2Wire Ambassador
I think the issue is that the damage doesn't ramp up for some of these detriments as I think they are supposed to do every tick and then suddenly out of no where you get that one giga hit as if its been up for a while. I have seen it happen several times on Quackers.

Last edited:

Lykan

I think the issue is that the damage doesn't ramp up for some of these detriments as I think they are supposed to do every tick and then suddenly out of no where you get that one giga hit if its been up for a while. I have seen it happen several times on Quackers.
This aligns with what I've seen as well.