Feedback I'm not sure about this?

Stardrama

Whenever I click on the forums link in the toolbar on the EQII website, I would go to the old forums page.
I used the link in Angelina's post to get to the new forums page so I could use the new layout.
I wasn't sure why I couldn't get there from the webpage. So, I clicked on the Home link on the new forums page.
The Home page has been changed too. It's not the same as the old one.
But my launcher takes me to the old webpage. I always enter the game through the launcher. It still works great to get into the game. But, is there a way to update the launcher to come here instead of the old page?

Sedient

1711733801973.png

The Everquest 2 homepage has a forums link and brings you here. This is the direct URL to the new forums: https://forums.everquest2.com/index.php

That said, is it sad that my first thought when I saw they hadn't migrated the content was that they wanted to leave all the feedback contained there in the past? Being a database person I understand the complexities involved in trimming, polishing and importing data from different systems and we would want them working on the actual game. I'm sure it was something they gladly left behind.

Angeliana

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
Community Team
Developer
Whenever I click on the forums link in the toolbar on the EQII website, I would go to the old forums page.
I used the link in Angelina's post to get to the new forums page so I could use the new layout.
I wasn't sure why I couldn't get there from the webpage. So, I clicked on the Home link on the new forums page.
The Home page has been changed too. It's not the same as the old one.
But my launcher takes me to the old webpage. I always enter the game through the launcher. It still works great to get into the game. But, is there a way to update the launcher to come here instead of the old page?
The toolbar issues should have already been resolved. You may need to clear your browser cache however.
The Homepage has not been changed recently, other than the Fippy Fest banner being added, and of course news articles changing.

As for the launcher issue, we do have a ticket in as that has to be done by another department.

Stardrama

The toolbar issues should have already been resolved. You may need to clear your browser cache however.
The Homepage has not been changed recently, other than the Fippy Fest banner being added, and of course news articles changing.

As for the launcher issue, we do have a ticket in as that has to be done by another department.
Ok. Thanks.

Avirodar

It's like they don't really want you to find the new forums. :unsure:

If these forums had active cash shop sales, we'd be seeing prominent flashing banners on the old forums advising of the new forums. The direction to the new forums for anyone who lands on the old forums is half-hearted at best. Hardly a surprise.
That said, is it sad that my first thought when I saw they hadn't migrated the content was that they wanted to leave all the feedback contained there in the past?

The cynic in me is saying that sometime in the future, the "old forum" will suffer an unrecoverable database issue and is "unfortunately" lost. Alternatively, the old forum closure is scheduled with minimal notice provided, not that it would make any real difference.

Cynicism aside, I am actually split on whether or not they should have migrated old posts, leaning more toward "no".

3 million posts, a lot of them from so many years ago, containing info that has long been irrelevant/changed. So long as DBG is actually going to keep the old forums around for anyone who wishes to go digging through them, a once-in-a-decade (or so) forum update isn't a horrible thing. Plus, I do enjoy not having to sign in every single time. Add a dark mode, and I call it a win.