I see shiny things ....

Yozilie

You know, if you are out running around, doing events, questing, and so on ... you see so many Collectables. It's like, "Oh! Shiny!", and if you are like me you have to stop and grab it. Wouldn't it be nice to have a new Trade skill line open up which would grant us use of a new pet - for Shiny harvests? Honestly, I am lacking so many of them. I've never been one to complete the Collection Timelines, but some of the rewards are very cool looking! They could adjust the "rare" harvest of the new pet also (if that's a thing?). That's just a random thought while waiting for today's Game Update, and I wanted to share it.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
While it is a cute idea, we're not likely to make any way to automate it like that. The fun, for most, is going around and grabbing those items for ourselves. We also have the burynai pet to hand older fertilizers to in order to get some happy random shinies from that method.

Adrastus

@Denmum If we can't have a pet harvest it for us, which I understand, is there anyway we can get all of our pets to avoid the harvest or shiny that we are trying to target? Almost every time I stop to get a bush or a shiny or a pick up anything, I have to run around in a circle to get my pets off of the danged thing so I can target it to pick it up. Are the pets as attracted to them as we are? Can I have a treat or something to through the other direction so they all move off the target? "Here boy! It's a stick, go get the stick, go get it!" LOL I spend more time moving around to target the harvest than it takes to harvest the target!

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
{giggle} I run with as few pets as possible because the autofollow script for all pets makes for interesting stacking. It ... isn't an easy fix, so we all have to "do a little dance" to get the pets off our target. I truly wish it was as easy as luring them away with a treat!