Heartseeker Hawk needs updating...

Vlkodlak

I would like to suggest that our main pet, the heartseekers hawk be brought up to date. Currently it is a level 100 ability and is completely outclassed by the summoners and BL's main pets. Our pets are severely limited and offer single digit percent of DPS that those classes are able to achieve from their pets, sometimes (50%) of their dps is derived from their pets and their abilities.

I would like to see the addition of a new level 130 combat art Hawk with its damage brought up to the level of the other pet classes.

Tegan

For reference, the Heartseeker Hawk is roughly 5-10% of the Ranger's overall parse. If this was changed to a higher percentage, we'd become more of a pet class, and our other damage abilities would need to be adjusted downward to account for this.

Heartseeker.JPG

Tegan

I think this change will make the Ranger an AFK class. A few years ago, this was what Makeshift Arrows had become. It was such a high percentage of the parse, and took no skill to put out good damage on a Ranger.

This would just add to the current mindset that Rangers are "easy" to play. Do you really want all of your DPS tied to something that you don't have to do anything at all?

Vlkodlak

While our pets hover around the 5-10% mark, the other pet classes are close to 45-55% of their damage is from their pets / pet abilities. I don't believe asking to have the ranger pet boosted an additional 5% or 10% is going to make or break any part of the Ranger class.

Tannie

Rangers can parse as high as the next class if you build them out correctly... and I agree rangers are not a pet class...