Hate increase to defensive stance (Armored ability line)

people feed me hate and in the right configuration i seem to have not much of a problem, swashy and assassin hate, dirge....coercer for example but theres just gonna be times where you would like your taunts to do more hate......ive never been more than 150 percent increased hate solo...am i doing something wrong? way back in the day we were gonna have a tank revamp like 2010 this was proposed but never changed.....i am not always going to have the "perfect" setup for a group and it would be helpful to boost their taunts, say ....Hate :Increase Overcap stat? just make taunts do way more base hate? whatever you guys wanna do...even make taunts force change for 1.5 seconds?

Taled

people feed me hate and in the right configuration i seem to have not much of a problem, swashy and assassin hate, dirge....coercer for example but theres just gonna be times where you would like your taunts to do more hate......ive never been more than 150 percent increased hate solo...am i doing something wrong? way back in the day we were gonna have a tank revamp like 2010 this was proposed but never changed.....i am not always going to have the "perfect" setup for a group and it would be helpful to boost their taunts, say ....Hate :Increase Overcap stat? just make taunts do way more base hate? whatever you guys wanna do...even make taunts force change for 1.5 seconds?
1713213261376.png

These are the *easiest* way to have base hate mod; You should never be running under 197 hate mod - really 200+ with AAs/buffs/etc; Then you should be using Shoulder the Burden single target on your highest DPS (or groupwide if the group is fairly even, but typically it's not)

You shouldn't really have issues with threat in general unless you're MASSIVELY out geared or the mob is constantly using hate wipes. (or another player is casting things like sever hate, if that even still works on the tank)

I respectfully disagree

because DPS is doing trillions of damage and Guardian is the worst DPS in the game by far , I'm not talking about some perfect setup where you have tons of great stuff and the best hate transfers, even with like 300% hate mod it just doesn't do enough, period

Guardians are not going to get close to what DPS is doing these days

5% group a transfer is garbage

I can hold hate really well with force taunts, and Reinforcement

But there's times where you know you just want all those taunts to actually do something

Swinging Strike , Rescue all work fine

Even just doing something like hate increase over cap stat

I could get all my taunts too Masters and it would mean nothing, a couple hundred billion hate is nothing, compared to people doing 6, 7 trill or more

Rhynoch

I am curious how much threat your taunts are actually doing? Shout XII Ancient for me is adding around 29 Trillion Threat to the encounter. Provoke XIII Expert is about 40 Trillion. This is while using scrolls of Evading so my aggression skill is 15k. If I turn that snack off it drops aggression to 5700 and all my taunts lose one third: Provoke is only 29T and Shout is 21T.

are you serious? i didnt know you could buff your aggression skill and it would actually do your taunts. wow....yeah i never hit for more than a few hundred billion if that no matter what

i did some testing last night with those scrolls, yeah it may SAY 20 trillion or whatever, but the actual taunt value is way way lower. So i dont know what you are doing, because hugely increasing my aggression did nothing on the Skyfire server. Like literally nothing, i dont have amazing gear, but i things should still do what they say, its always been like that, supposedly Disassociate Limbs III hits for 6 trillion never seen it more than 2.

i looked a few times, and the number is not trillon, its billion! now the numbers actually make sense.....still not enough hate for the taunts to do anything, even ancient Hold The Line is a joke....they need a boost to taunts there

dbb12345

Hold the Line is a terror for other tanks in a raid since it generates so much hate. This spell needs no adjustment. Your posts about hate keep getting downvotes. Guardians and hate are super healthy right now. I have no issues with guys doing 120t plus on end game content. No tank should in the current state of the game. Guardians need love in so many other areas. Not hate.

Arclite

Hold the Line is a terror for other tanks in a raid since it generates so much hate. This spell needs no adjustment. Your posts about hate keep getting downvotes. Guardians and hate are super healthy right now. I have no issues with guys doing 120t plus on end game content. No tank should in the current state of the game. Guardians need love in so many other areas. Not hate.
what are you on about?

If any other tank class is getting "terrified" from hold the line then either you play with tanks who have no clue how to tank or they are not buffed properly and lack stats. Zerkers/Pallies/Sks will trounce the guard on hate generation and dps with no problem if played right. Guardian's much touted defensive prowess is just not needed anymore and it has been the case for many years. We can't sustain high dps to save our life and give little offensive buffs to others. Our overall appeal is very limited.

While I agree, guardians needs an overall tune up, hate generation is something they still lag behind greatly when compared to other tanks.

That said, there needs to be a systematic ground up work that needs to go into every class and the content that is made to bring some semblance of play that brings skill back into contention like it did years ago. We have been asking for that for over a decade and I doubt these knee-jerk reactions to over 15 years of feedback is going to change the status quo.

Last edited:

Rhynoch

Threat generation is an interesting topic. Total threat perceived by the mob is Threat + DPS. Guardians are great at threat and mediocre at dps. As we all know there are strong and weak characters and players in all classes. I'm sure there are a couple of SKs and Beserkers and Palladins who could keep the aggro off me but they would be rare and most likely at the top of their class in the game. Not to mention the group makeup. If I have Shoulder your Burden active on the top DPS then the Paladin will have to have amends on someone else and won't generate as much threat. If the only candidate for my threat transfer is 12th on the pass it isn't going to do much to keep up with the Paladin with amends on the top DPS. The other question is are you as well geared and buffed as these others are when making your comparison. If you are just as strong then unless you are talking about AoE taunting against trash you will be holding your mob quite well. Lastly one thing to keep in mind for tanking is how much time does the mob have the wrong target. If we use the tools given to us we should be able to keep aggro just as well or better than many players.

Rhynoch

You may be correct Frog: It is not showing in ACT as generating as much as it says it does in the skill tooltip. But I was surprised to note Insight is generating the most aggro for me across the 39mins we were in the dungeon.

Attachments

• Rhynoch Threat Snip 05-05-2024.PNG
    Rhynoch Threat Snip 05-05-2024.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1