Not A Bug Hamlet Bugging Group 1 Bosses

Tseri

If you aggro hamlet by accident and evac, it still treats you like you have killed hamlet. Leaving the zone for 15 minutes and allowing the zone to reset fixes, but not a great option if time limited. We have repeated this twice in both H1 and H2.

Zhevally

If you pull him, it's supposed to lock your zone to require you to do that boss. You aren't supposed to be able to change bosses after spawning/engaging one from a set.
AOE immunity was added to him - so you should have to directly target him to pull him. [I broke him in the solo by a pet pulling him before the immunity was in - but he went non-aggro and didn't count as killed so couldn't kill the trio at the end either]

Is it actually treating it like you killed him(ie you continue through the zone and can kill everything else), or is he just going non-aggro on the evac(you can't kill him now, and you can't finish the zone due to not killing a named in his group to pop the trio)?
I'm wondering if the fix for the accidently pulling(the aoe immunity) was made without fixing whatever causes him to go non-aggro if he leashes/resets/etc

Moss

I'm not sure that pulling Hamlet, by accident or not, should lock you from doing other boss.

I would compare Hamlet to Twotooth, both are up without any prior requirement, you could engage Twotooth, drop his health enough to not be able to spawn the giant, and yet you could still evac/reset the encounter and engage another boss of the same "set".

I could see no reason for Hamlet to work differently.

Tseri

If you pull him, it's supposed to lock your zone to require you to do that boss. You aren't supposed to be able to change bosses after spawning/engaging one from a set.
AOE immunity was added to him - so you should have to directly target him to pull him. [I broke him in the solo by a pet pulling him before the immunity was in - but he went non-aggro and didn't count as killed so couldn't kill the trio at the end either]

Is it actually treating it like you killed him(ie you continue through the zone and can kill everything else), or is he just going non-aggro on the evac(you can't kill him now, and you can't finish the zone due to not killing a named in his group to pop the trio)?
I'm wondering if the fix for the accidently pulling(the aoe immunity) was made without fixing whatever causes him to go non-aggro if he leashes/resets/etc
The problem here is that sometimes Open wounds is still up and if you accidentally target Hamlet when you're just trying to go by, then it triggers, Hamlet agros and you're stuck. Even if you evac without killing Hamlet, all of the other group 1 names act like you've killed Hamlet. And as Moss pointed out, you can evac from Twotooth and reset that encounter just fine, if you wanted Glag but took too long to get Twotooth to him. Evac should reset, not leave you stuck with Hamlet or nothing. 15 minutes out of the zone fixes it, the Panicked Gnoll comes back and you're good to go, but it's annoying, especially when we've got folks in our regular group on opposite coasts trying to clear a zone before the early bedtimer (me) has to go to bed :)

Chrol

Senior Designer
Staff member
Developer
If you aggro Hamlet, that locks you to that boss for that set. The reason being, he is up from the start and does not require anything to spawn. This is not a bug.

Twotooth and Glag have a unique interaction with each other.