Fix Achievment we cannot attain???

Ibethia

Is there maybe an easy fix to get rid of achievements we CANNOT DO on this server? There are many slayer ones we can see but Cannot due because we dont have those mobs here.. A few Factions we cant do because they lead to zones we have no access too (iceclad pirates, othmir trades faction) for example. I came to KD for the "greenie" over a year ago and stayed because i like the pace etc , and i became an "achievement Addict" for instance i might be the only Dark Elf necro on the server that has maxed all Qeynos factions except the guards... But i run across and see dangled like a carrot in front of me things i Cannot do. So i ask of youi .. please someone take a few minutes and disable these carrots !!! Please understand i know what i cannot do due to char/race limitations etc... i am referring to things to lead you to zones we cannot access , mobs we have no access too. If nothing can be done.. ok i am fine with it.. at least i will have an answer and i can quit cussin each time i see them in the lists :)

Thanks in advance to any answer

Thiaiht
Dracpact
KD server
resident achievement junkie

Buggabug

There are also many achievements that are still broken, that have been bug reported since the server opened that haven't been fixed. Maybe we can get those looked at eventually.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
Sadly, a lot of the broken achievements are not slated to be fixed at this time because the encounters they point to would have to be totally rewritten. (They were coded long ago in a way that doesn't work well with achievements, and it would take a designer several weeks to fix them all.)

I *may* be able to hide the ones that totally cannot be completed if I can get a list of them, so that they stop taunting you, but no promises, as the achievement system is a bit wonky at times.

Ibethia

Hiding them would work :) And you asked for it.... here is a list of the General/Slayer achieves that cannot be attempted due to lack of access to these critters on this server.

Aberrant Killer
Aerakyn
Akhevan
Allu'thoa
Cepholex
Galorian
Grimling
Immolated
Innocents (killer of)
Marid
Mephlin
Niborien
Planer Elemental
Shik'nar
Shissar
Thought Horror
Urzarach
Wilder

Faction that Cannot be achieved because of no access to Drunder to proceed:
Ally Iceclad Pirates

Have to do some digging for Quests but i work 10pm-7am est so that will have to wait :))

Thank you for at least responding :) As an achievement addict i appreciate it !!

Thiaiht
KD server

Buggabug

I've semi-retired my main toon on this server. Other than mass killing mobs for slayer titles and continuously repeating the same instances, I feel that I've done everything I can that isn't broken. I've got a couple of book quests to finish and I'll probably keep logging in for the new recipes/quests at holidays if they're available, but I'm very dissapointed that we didn't get to go further with this server. Maybe one of my alts will feel inspired and try to climb the leaderboard, with enough booze, anything is possible.

p.s. Jeremy loves you Thiaiht (palindromes are my fave)

Ibethia

I've semi-retired my main toon on this server. Other than mass killing mobs for slayer titles and continuously repeating the same instances, I feel that I've done everything I can that isn't broken. I've got a couple of book quests to finish and I'll probably keep logging in for the new recipes/quests at holidays if they're available, but I'm very dissapointed that we didn't get to go further with this server. Maybe one of my alts will feel inspired and try to climb the leaderboard, with enough booze, anything is possible.

p.s. Jeremy loves you Thiaiht (palindromes are my fave)
I see you now and then Jeremy :) You are what inspired my achievement addiction.....lol. My guild is 3 peeps we came for the greenie last April and stayed... didnt even know about the leaderboard for 1st 3 mths...hehe then i went bonkers !!!! I will never pass you of that i am sure but it inspired me to do alot i had never done :) I might be the obly DE necro there that has maxed all but 1 Qeynos faction...lol. But yes its disheartening to Almost get one then get stopped cold ... if they just gave us 1 more gu update there would be so much more we could accomplish !!! Freeport line stopped dead due to i cant talk to Lucan, tradeskill line? cant zone into Drunder etc.. The Bookworn achieve? cant be finished cause they never went back and reclassified the books which in description say TOME to actually count towards it (known issue for years now) so its just a tease to see them there :)

Thiaiht

Ibethia

I stand corrected on 3 of the slayer ones !!!
Cepholex and Planer Elemental and Mephlins CAN get done if you do the Triad of Elements instance during Jubilee events ( Tinkerfest/Scorched Sky/Oceansfull) as the mobs for these are in the instance !!

so yay 3 more to shoot for :)

Thiaiht

Concerned

So basically in nut shell , it’s to much work and to fix it would require effort in making the customer happy and giving the service that’s paid for , I mean let’s be honest here . All of that what he said , is a “ them” problem not ours . So imagine taking your car in for a brake job and your tech tells you , well I could BUT it would take so much work . And…… ? That’s your job i mean really if i had an employee tell me well i could do it BUT its just to dang hard and would take a lot of work hours . well then he would be looking for another job

Concerned

I mean honestly this has really drawn teh line for me , anyone watch the Fippy podcast ?? was just a bunch of avoiding the questions and a WHOLE BUNCH of why it wouldnt be done , not that it couldnt be . their concern and worries as stated in that podcast is server stability , not worried about fixing nothing at all just trying to keep servers a float , a short staffed company is never the customers issue , maybe hire more ppl to take on these needed fixes rather than cut the budgets so low that the ppl paying for the game , are just left with " well this is all you get good luck with it "