Final combine for chrono Zakir tier adorns needing 3 patterns!!!

Gandolph

Is this intended? every other tier takes two patterns, but the final tier (Zakir) combine needs three, that is a tough ask with limited ways to acquire so many chrono coins, hoping this is just an oversite, as i don't see many Zakir items being disco'd atm, thanks!

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
My understanding is that they are meant to be exceedingly rare raid-level items that are slow to be added to the worlds. The itemization folks keep an eye on such things, and if they are being discovered at all, then it is probably the right rate.

Disclaimer, the chrono stuff never touched my grabby little halfling hands, and is totally not in my control. I am answering based on what I have learned along the way. :)

Gandolph

so far, I have not seen many zakir mount items disco'd, even this late into the expansion, patterns yes, but needing 3 patterns to make the zakir is a bit tough,imo

Benj

I know it's not your domain, Denmum, but I'll post anyway in case those responsible see it.

The Zakir-tier adornments and mount items are intended to be best-in-slot. They are intended to be very expensive, and thus very rare. I can accept this. What I cannot accept is that mount gear is somehow EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE than the adornments, despite being less of an upgrade. If someone is lucky enough to win a Felfeather purple adornment, they can upgrade that item one tier at a time (spending massive amounts of coin/status/currency). That someone would then have a Zakir-tier adornment with only one initial loot drop. Further, that initial drop could be purchased (again for lots of coin).

In contrast, the mid-tiers of mount gear require 2 patterns, and the highest tiers require 3 patterns. This means a single Mastercrafted pattern can be upgraded a few tiers. To reach the mid-tiers, that same pattern needs to be combined with another Mastercraftedpattern (also upgraded a few tiers). By the time you reach Zakir-tier patterns, you will have consumed over 100 Mastercrafted patterns. The odds of even obtaining 100 base-tier patterns is virtually impossible, so very few will ever see the Zakir patterns, even if they somehow have enough coin. Unlike adornments, the initial mount pattern cannot be purchased, and strictly relies upon RNG to start this arduous process.

Vlkodlak

None of the Zakir level items have been disco'd as the rate of drops for the patterns are retardedly slow and the pattern requirements as posted elsewhere is ridiculous. This is not even mentioning that the end result stats at the top tier is utterly disappointing, far short of where it should be for the amount of plat, status, time and rarity of that items. Are these items not meant for the entire player base, not just the raiders? These patterns should be dropping from all level mobs with consistently or added to the merchants for purchase. At this time, these items are hardly worth considering until itemizations takes a hard look at this decision.