Enhance ice comet

So this ability enhances ice comet but due to its cast time, reuse (even with the ability decreasing it), and DMG. It's still outdone by ball of fire.

From my testing stopping to cast ice comet over ball of fire is still a loss in damage when you add in the rays reset. Or half second longer time before the next immolation cast.

Last edited:
Not from my testing. Do you have screenshots or data that I can look at? Maybe I'm just bad but I always saw very similar numbers in BoF and Ice Comet that the extra cast time negated any benefit. Plus the reset to Rays.. all was tested using GM abilities.

Last edited:

Putzaroo

Just looking at efficiency of the spell (damage/(cast time + recovery)) and damage/power is what I am looking at. As I have been farting around with my own damage spreadsheet, this is what I came up with..
Remember that mitigation can be different for each spell per each mob.. I don't think it is accurate to say that this spell does more damage overall compared to that spell.. it may in your situation at the time, but not always. I think that is why "pro" wizards say to use efficiency as a base for determining cast order.

I am no pro wizard.. 😝

I'm no pro wizard.. they all betrayed to warlocks...
but Efficiency is simply tho the ratio of damage, cast speed ,reuse. .... Half the recast and half damage. On same cast time Theoretically equals same output.. same as double DMG double recast. (Assuming you're not casting anything else )

When you add in that extra half second that could take away your next rays (which has a high chance of being reset by ball) or takes away some of the time to get to the next immolation cast.. it loses.. I finally betrayed after t1 raids as I couldn't wrap my head around any of the changes made to the wiz..

The fact that I'm like the only post here shows how few wizards are left. or they are simply so quiet to avoid a nerf of some secret wizard skill I never gained.

Plavkobot

I'm no pro wizard.. they all betrayed to warlocks...
but Efficiency is simply tho the ratio of damage, cast speed ,reuse. .... Half the recast and half damage. On same cast time Theoretically equals same output.. same as double DMG double recast. (Assuming you're not casting anything else )

When you add in that extra half second that could take away your next rays (which has a high chance of being reset by ball) or takes away some of the time to get to the next immolation cast.. it loses.. I finally betrayed after t1 raids as I couldn't wrap my head around any of the changes made to the wiz..

The fact that I'm like the only post here shows how few wizards are left. or they are simply so quiet to avoid a nerf of some secret wizard skill I never gained.
not everyone has betrayed ;)

Nabu

veteran infrequent poster
Just looking at efficiency of the spell (damage/(cast time + recovery)) and damage/power is what I am looking at. As I have been farting around with my own damage spreadsheet, this is what I came up with..
Remember that mitigation can be different for each spell per each mob.. I don't think it is accurate to say that this spell does more damage overall compared to that spell.. it may in your situation at the time, but not always. I think that is why "pro" wizards say to use efficiency as a base for determining cast order.

I am no pro wizard.. 😝
This seems to be a cumulative effect over successive expacs..