Feedback Disappointment in new Merc's... this was a terrible change

Vlkodlak

This is going to hugely effect gameplay and encounter length by removing that incredibly large chunk of CB from the Merc's. The replacement of CBOC instead of CB is absolutely worthless and will greatly reduce the overall effectiveness of the players abilities. The merc's should have had a boost to the CB with the addition of CBOC to make them actually useful. As they are currently, they are pointless to utilize, even if they were given to the players free, they would be sold for status. Much less who would want to spend station cash to buy a downgrade?

Chath

If they added some mechanism (right-click, merchant, whatever) to trade in cbo items for double-slots where available or regular cb items when not, then it wouldn't be bad. Right now it'd be difficult for many players to take advantage of the cbo due to how huge of a swing it is.

Vlkodlak

This must be some kind of Bristlebane joke, this is a ridiculous change that no one is going to just accept. While a hotfix just went through to adjust the amount of CBOC to current content, we are still losing 8k+ CB. This is unacceptable.

This change comes way to late in the expansion, many players have already sacrificed immense amount of Fragments of Time to purchase CBOC adorns, the majority of raiders have already converted their raid gear over to CBOC, is there going to be any reversal of those purchuses? Are we going to get the chance to swap the CBOC gear back over to CB, will we get the ability to exchange the CBOC adorns for the CB adorns?

This kind of change is not small, this has major repercussions and needs to be rethought by itemization. At the minimum, add the 8k of CB back to the mercs, and reduce the CBOC by half and then the mercs will be usable, until they will rot in the marketplace.

Randalph

EQ2Wire Ambassador
So to confirm the new mercs give lower bonuses than the old ones?!
it gives CBOC now, so essentially you need to swap all your CBOC gear with CB gear and level Timed attack adornments instead of CBOC adornments, elder and dream for all adornment is useless too. Decisive strike? Awful.

Essentially if you want to optimize your character what they just did was to introduce a soft gear reset after 3 months of progression.

Last edited:

Bentenn

it gives CBOC now, so essentially you need to swap all your CBOC gear with CB gear and level Timed attack adornments instead of CBOC adornments, elder and dream for all adornment is useless too. Decisive strike? Awful.

Essentially if you want to optimize your character what they just did was to introduce a soft gear reset after 3 months of progression.
I mean, if you're talking of swapping all your CBOC gear for CB gear then my guess is you're a raider and have dem coins to buy that crate gear lol.. or possibly still have some in bags so that you didn't get same item again. This goes back to being careful what you ask for. Everyone asked for everything to essentially be CBOC gear, including heroics to make it "fair" across the board.. boom.. it's fair across the board lol.. get those new mercs and everyone has the same thing lol.

Sedient

I mean, if you're talking of swapping all your CBOC gear for CB gear then my guess is you're a raider and have dem coins to buy that crate gear lol.. or possibly still have some in bags so that you didn't get same item again. This goes back to being careful what you ask for. Everyone asked for everything to essentially be CBOC gear, including heroics to make it "fair" across the board.. boom.. it's fair across the board lol.. get those new mercs and everyone has the same thing lol.
I'd like to just start with the fact that the entire concept and mechanics around CB and CBOC as changed in RoR and moving forward was a terrible idea

Bentenn

I'd like to just start with the fact that the entire concept and mechanics around CB and CBOC as changed in RoR and moving forward was a terrible idea
Don't disagree, but this fixes the problem with those legs everyone has been talking about lol. Maybe next expac it will go back to needing truck tons of potency... who knows.

Sedient

Don't disagree, but this fixes the problem with those legs everyone has been talking about lol. Maybe next expac it will go back to needing truck tons of potency... who knows.
But why.. for years now.. does everything have to be implemented in such a ham-fisted manner. It seems that we just get one half-baked idea after another all piled on and then followed by more band-aids. I'm sure there is some pressure to keep the content rolling and extend the revenue train a little more but when each xpac and change like this results in further frustrating more people and having them leave so it seems counter productive. If you can't fully bake a new idea and make sure everything is cohesive such as itemization then just leave it alone.. I bet no one would argue with a more simplified game so that we can build our class and know our class. The game mechanics are out of control it seems

Bentenn

But why.. for years now.. does everything have to be implemented in such a ham-fisted manner. It seems that we just get one half-baked idea after another all piled on and then followed by more band-aids. I'm sure there is some pressure to keep the content rolling and extend the revenue train a little more but when each xpac and change like this results in further frustrating more people and having them leave so it seems counter productive. If you can't fully bake a new idea and make sure everything is cohesive such as itemization then just leave it alone.. I bet no one would argue with a more simplified game so that we can build our class and know our class. The game mechanics are out of control it seems
At the beginning of this expac and last really as well, there were CBOC items in game, everyone just said they were "too rare" and then they created the CBOC for raiders essentially and people are deeming it "not fair", now sure that tons of CBOC is needed in these easy heroics but w/e. SO then they create the merc, all in one CBOC and now everyone can get CB gear as much as possible as well as some items still with CBOC if they find they still need it. Seems like a win, except, you have to buy it for now and hope they put it in as drops.

The pattern thing was "my point of view" implemented to catch people up but still make them do it a few times, vs one and done and caught up automatically. Raid is only legs, so if you don't want them, then don't go in on them, but now with the CBOC items, I'm sure some will or say that would've be nice a month ago lol.

We as gamers are funny because we expect now to have everyone laid out in front of us and get it day one. This expac we knew CBOC was still a thing and when we felt we had a lack of it, we complained and complained. People still had pieces some already had 5 pieces, from achievement wrist and ring to some lucky charms and wrists, but it showed the gear was there and at least 2 of them were simply from achievements, nothing hard. Now we get this merc and everyone is complaining about changing their gear to CBOC, I mean they made that change a while ago and seriously people didn't leave some in their bags already for swapping around or in bank for the crates not to get same thing? Ideally, a lot of us, just like to complain it seems.

Some of the itemization is really bad as well, I won't disagree, but everyone seems to think everything should be BIS everything from doing simple things. Some feel heroic gear should be them on the same level as raiders, some who solo feel they should have access to the same gear as those running heroics and raiding.

My thoughts is always one BIS item from Solos should be good (rare drop), one BIS item from heroics, one BIS item from Sig line, one BIS from a heritage quest and then the rest of the BIS items should be raid gear. That is supposed to be pinnacle of game, but yet you can get that 480 t1 raid gear from duoing h2 warrens or trioing it or just smashing it with a group and bringing someone in for the gear lol. Again, all just my thoughts.

Dannni

I think the long term motive of the change is good, especially for casual players.

With the old merc buff having cb and the cboc being on gear, there was a need to swap in and out the number of overcap items dependent on which zone and other factors. The problem with that system is that most casual players (and even raiders) are either not willing or unaware of the need to do that. Moving forward with all of the cboc on the merc, there is less gear optimisation required on a per zone basis. Casual players will hit higher peak crit bonus on a more consistent basis.

Bentenn

I think the long term motive of the change is good, especially for casual players.

With the old merc buff having cb and the cboc being on gear, there was a need to swap in and out the number of overcap items dependent on which zone and other factors. The problem with that system is that most casual players (and even raiders) are either not willing or unaware of the need to do that. Moving forward with all of the cboc on the merc, there is less gear optimisation required on a per zone basis. Casual players will hit higher peak crit bonus on a more consistent basis.
Should've just said.. made easier for those not wanting to change gear, even when they got it lol...

funny, but yea in the end, easier for all.. now smash buttons even more with not worrying about thought process for gear and max/min with whatever group you were in for raid or group lol

Bentenn

This is going to hugely effect gameplay and encounter length by removing that incredibly large chunk of CB from the Merc's. The replacement of CBOC instead of CB is absolutely worthless and will greatly reduce the overall effectiveness of the players abilities. The merc's should have had a boost to the CB with the addition of CBOC to make them actually useful. As they are currently, they are pointless to utilize, even if they were given to the players free, they would be sold for status. Much less who would want to spend station cash to buy a downgrade?
It actually helps all those players who hadn't gotten any CBOC gear yet from heroics and for raiders, they will just have to re-run those raid zones to get gear that is not converted or use their raid coins on crates, or run H2 darkpaw and get 490 resolve gear with CB. It won't be hard and in the end much easier for the casual player.