Fixed Darkpaw Dugout: Crude Cartography quest doesn't update or delete properly

Fezagga

The quest Crude Cartography continues to be a poorly written quest (This is probably character specific)

1) It's not updating properly on my Swashbuckler (Vesh) and prevents getting other quests in the zone. It never updates when you need to talk with Nisch Mal Polphar

2) the Delete functionality of the quest is also failing to properly remove stored data so you can redo the quest appropriately ( most likely a database person will need to clean up the stored data for my specific character to progress further.

Sad times when quests don't work in .... EverQuest.

Perspehony

Fezagga that's my problem as well. I finished the "worthy Scion" quest and after that the only quest I can receive is darkpaw remix repeatable. I seem to be missing the quest giver "outlander destion". I haven't tried abandoning the quest for fear of not being able to move forward as well.

Kaitheel

EQ2 Dev -Live events, Lore & Quests
Staff member
Developer
You did get your self in a sticky situation, Fezagga!

I am not sure how you did this, because "Crude Cartography" is the first quest of the series and should be completed before you are able to be offered other quests. But I see that somehow you have completed the following Darkpaw Dugout quests: The Way of Gnolls, A Disgusting Disguise, The Splitpaw Split, Gnoll More Communication, and Charming Gnoll Display.

You are also currently also on the quest "Worthy Scion". (This quest is offered by Nisch Mal Polphar and I suspect it's causing a conflict with your current step in "Crude Cartography"). You've collected the mycelium filament for "Worthy Scion". Good job! Continue with that quest. Collect bones of the fallen, collect the blood of a hero, and kill Darkpaw and collect the shaman's staff head, as the journal instructs. Once you do, and then return to Polphar, you should get the opportunity to update and complete "Worthy Scion". Once complete, Try speaking with Polphar again for "Crude Cartography".

What does he say once "Worthy Scion" is complete?

I'm confident we can get your adventure on the right track, once more. I'd also like to find the cause of this issue!

Do you recall how you were able to start "The Way of Gnolls"? It's offered by Nisch Mas Nolphia (the other gnoll next to Polphar). Did you talk to her for it, or did a group mate share the quest with you, by chance?

~ Kaitheel

Fezagga

Can't complete Worthy Scion as the 'bones' needed don't seem to drop. So you want me to see if a broken quest is fixed by another broken quest? That seems like broken logic.

Kaitheel

Staff member
Developer
It's not broken logic when you know what the back sides of NPC hail handlers do and how they interact with one another.

It's a waterfall of "if" statements and right now you have progressed your quest series past where you should have been able to.

I'm hoping you can help us diagnose what went awry, so that we can get you back on your adventure and then help others from having the same situation.

~ Kaitheel

Evilary

The more narrow the focus, the easier of a chance they have of finding the issue. Makes perfect sense to ask for more information. The more lines of code they have to sort through, the longer it will take for a fix to be found.

Kaitheel

Staff member
Developer
Thank you for confirming that! We'll work on reeducating Nisch Mal Polphar in the Darkpaw Dugout so he will complete this quest.

In the mean time, do you recall how you were able to start "The Way of Gnolls"? It's offered by Nisch Mas Nolphia (the other gnoll next to Polphar). Did you talk to her for it, or did a group mate share the quest with you, by chance?

~ Kaitheel

Fezagga

It would have been me getting the quest. I'm guessing the backend knowledge of the hail handlers and staggered if statements aren't helping much but should be easy as the first quest should have been finished before I even stepped into the solo zone.

Kaitheel

Staff member
Developer
Several of us have tried to recreate the state you got in, having accepted "The Way of Gnolls" without finishing "Crude Cartography" including stating it in the first zone and seeing if we can be offered "The Way of Gnolls" in the dungeon, but so far no luck on that front. The good news is though that you will soon have the trouble with Polphar resolved. The next hotfix will include the following change:
  • Crude Cartography - Nisch Mal Polphar in Darkpaw Dugout should now speak with you about the map, even if you have helped Nisch Mas Nolphia already.
~ Kaitheel