Crystallize Soul - make non-lore/stackable

Chath

This really doesn't have much to do with making the spell stronger. Sure, it might help a little bit in giving someone an anti-CC clicky. But what it really does is prevent this:

Summon failed, you cannot accept the item.
Chath could not accept the item

And so on. Endless amounts of spam due to it being lore. This is probably the single most annoying thing about playing a defiler. Fixing that would be amazing.

I guess we could add a power restore on Consume Essence too or a small ward, but really I'd be thrilled with just finally killing the spam. Kill it with fire.

Last edited:

Avarice

Upvoted using that neat sidebar! Which I think I'll mention on every single post able to be updooted until it becomes rote. ⬆️

Although I keep this spam in a side window, it definitely drowns out important narrative messages that are stuck in the same channel. Suppressing these messages will go a long way to making ACT less mandatory, and that helps the health of the game overall.

If you were to add an improvement to the Consume Essence item much like shards/hearts have, another idea is granting a short-lived Combat Mitigation debuff Proc, (call it Consumed Essence?) with stacks based on how many detriments got cured... to keep with "Defilers Debuff Things" theme. But power restore or little ward is also thematic.

Last edited:

Chath

Upvoted using that neat sidebar! Which I think I'll mention on every single post able to be updooted until it becomes rote. ⬆️

Although I keep this spam in a side window, it definitely drowns out important narrative messages that are stuck in the same channel. Suppressing these messages will go a long way to making ACT less mandatory, and that helps the health of the game overall.

If you were to add an improvement to the Consume Essence item much like shards/hearts have, another idea is a Combat Mitigation debuff on current target, and its amount increases with each cured detriment... to keep with "Defilers Debuff Things" theme. But power restore or little ward is also thematic, and avoids starting combat on some incidental target. (y)
That's a really neat idea! How I'd picture something like that working is when consume essence is used, it'd apply a self-buff called something like, oh, Devoured Essence, with stacks of the buff equal to the number of effects cured. That'd give you a proc on your next offensive ability that'd apply a combat mitigation debuff multiplied by the number of stacks of Devoured Essence, consuming the buff. Maybe each stack could be something like 5k combat mitigation or so, with a 1 minute duration for the debuff.

Savriel

PLEASE help us remove this spam. I love grouping with defilers but the spam from this single ability makes it extremely hard to see actual critical game text mid-fight, it's line after line of spam. Our crops our dying. It's been 84 years of spam. Help us.