Bring back pvp!

Tyler Moore

So this will probably never get looked at or anything but here it goes.

I've been playing Eq2 off and on since release. I personally dont have eq2 has my main game because pvp is irrelevant and not taken care of.

Aside from the old man syndrome of pvp will never work in EQ2, the game itself has plenty of potential. Making small changes will greatly improve the quality of a pvp server.

1. Losing coin or a item when killed. There is no reason for this, no reason someone questing or trying to play the game in general should lose either of these. Absolutely no point of it. It pisses people off, especially the older generation. Get rid of it.
2. Getting farmed or griefed. There should be some sort of penalty for being grieved or spammed killed by another player. Maybe implement kind of what WoW pvp has. Where you can turn PvP flag on and off. but something like a 15m cd between the 2.
3. REMOVE LON BOXES. Being a pay to win game, and everyone investing actually money into LON boxes in order to get clickies that greatly helps them in pvp combat. Movement speed, Shrink clickies etc. This greatly hurts the pvp gameplay imo.
4. Obviously class balance, if classes such as brigands can literally one shot with 2 buttons at almost any end game level thats a problem. If theres no class balance it will kill the game.
5. Remove marketplace from a pvp server. IF this is not a option, keep the xp pots and cosmetics. but everything else goes, esp LON boxes.
6. PvP kill experience is extremley overtuned. there should be no reason a pvp kill at level 15 should grant 10-20% xp. lower that to what xp you get from killing a regular mob would give. This promotes griefing.Which again makes people quit.

I understand that mmos will always be PvE first. but many people like me will not play a mmo if it has no pvp at all.

This is probably all pointless speaking at this point in Eq2s life. but for the people that love pvp and esp the world of EQ2 pvp. hope this helps with future pvp servers. many more points i could make but these are some small examples to improve a pvp server imo.

Goodluck, Love Funkem :> There is a large community there for pvp. just have to try. Rinse and repeating the same server over and over again with a different name obviously isnt working

Attachments

• Eq2 Pvp Memories.jpg
    Eq2 Pvp Memories.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Rekked

So this will probably never get looked at or anything but here it goes.

I've been playing Eq2 off and on since release. I personally dont have eq2 has my main game because pvp is irrelevant and not taken care of.

Aside from the old man syndrome of pvp will never work in EQ2, the game itself has plenty of potential. Making small changes will greatly improve the quality of a pvp server.

1. Losing coin or a item when killed. There is no reason for this, no reason someone questing or trying to play the game in general should lose either of these. Absolutely no point of it. It pisses people off, especially the older generation. Get rid of it.
2. Getting farmed or griefed. There should be some sort of penalty for being grieved or spammed killed by another player. Maybe implement kind of what WoW pvp has. Where you can turn PvP flag on and off. but something like a 15m cd between the 2.
3. REMOVE LON BOXES. Being a pay to win game, and everyone investing actually money into LON boxes in order to get clickies that greatly helps them in pvp combat. Movement speed, Shrink clickies etc. This greatly hurts the pvp gameplay imo.
4. Obviously class balance, if classes such as brigands can literally one shot with 2 buttons at almost any end game level thats a problem. If theres no class balance it will kill the game.
5. Remove marketplace from a pvp server. IF this is not a option, keep the xp pots and cosmetics. but everything else goes, esp LON boxes.
6. PvP kill experience is extremley overtuned. there should be no reason a pvp kill at level 15 should grant 10-20% xp. lower that to what xp you get from killing a regular mob would give. This promotes griefing.Which again makes people quit.

I understand that mmos will always be PvE first. but many people like me will not play a mmo if it has no pvp at all.

This is probably all pointless speaking at this point in Eq2s life. but for the people that love pvp and esp the world of EQ2 pvp. hope this helps with future pvp servers. many more points i could make but these are some small examples to improve a pvp server imo.

Goodluck, Love Funkem :> There is a large community there for pvp. just have to try. Rinse and repeating the same server over and over again with a different name obviously isnt working
PvP will never be a thing that is viable with EQ2.

As someone that spent many years playing with and alongside devs. It was always said EQ2 PvP was an after thought until right before game release. Hence why there is very little class balance that favours a PvP environment. It was always intended as a PvE game out the starting gate.

Rekked

Oh man I've heard that a thousand times... Thats just the excuse the older eq generation says because theyre not good a pvp.
You must have been dropped as a baby. I never once said I didn’t like PvP I played on Nagafen for the longest time.

But when you hear that, 2 years into the games inception. There must be some truth to it.

Magdaddy

Oh man I've heard that a thousand times... Thats just the excuse the older eq generation says because theyre not good a pvp.
I mean the fact it was released AFTER the game came out proves it was an afterthought lmao. What are you talking about?

I played on Nagafen and our group used to crush Naggy premades in BGs. This game isn't hard, despite what PvP players want to think to pretend they're better than "bluebies".

You're talking about catering to the 1% while begging for PvP and I bet you can't even see the hilarious irony in that.

Yayoh

If the market is gutted then PvP can have a chance.

Every single time there’s a new server announced people flock to the launch. Then soon after the idea of just credit carding full masters and then a little more for run speed pots etc etc Is the major turn off.

Old stats and no store bought bonuses = the PvP server many have been waiting for since vox/venekor/nagafen

Tyler Moore

If the market is gutted then PvP can have a chance.

Every single time there’s a new server announced people flock to the launch. Then soon after the idea of just credit carding full masters and then a little more for run speed pots etc etc Is the major turn off.

Old stats and no store bought bonuses = the PvP server many have been waiting for since vox/venekor/nagafen
comepletley agree, something like the Origin server with pvp? those points that i made i think would be great updates for a pvp server. might suck but being able to let people turn pvp on and off would be awesome. makes it you wheres you can still play the game the way you want to and then on the other hand if you want to dab in pvp turn it on and go crazy

Yayoh

I mean the fact it was released AFTER the game came out proves it was an afterthought lmao. What are you talking about?

I played on Nagafen and our group used to crush Naggy premades in BGs. This game isn't hard, despite what PvP players want to think to pretend they're better than "bluebies".

You're talking about catering to the 1% while begging for PvP and I bet you can't even see the hilarious irony in that.
PvP was long.. long dead by the time BG’s even came out. The fame system had been gutted and the vast majority of players left.

Not sure what premade you were fighting but if it wasn’t onyx or darkhand then it doesn’t really mean anything.

Raeven

comepletley agree, something like the Origin server with pvp? those points that i made i think would be great updates for a pvp server. might suck but being able to let people turn pvp on and off would be awesome. makes it you wheres you can still play the game the way you want to and then on the other hand if you want to dab in pvp turn it on and go crazy
This sounds like a good idea to me, but considering how much PvPer's resented, hated, players on the PvP server who stayed at level 9 to avoid getting ganked and looted, I am thinking being able to turn PvP on/off will not fly with the people who play on the PvP servers.

At least, the ones that play there now. Perhaps your idea would draw a different type of PvP player.

Polisashka

Hi everyone! Zarrakon is dead how you know. As fact 0 people online there. BUT. Me and me friend want play best game eq2!
I want ask you guys, maybe any one want play with us? Let's go back to Zarrakon?

Xeshaka

they did bring it back, server was dead in 2 weeks

Not enough interest to put the already extremely limited dev time into a mode that attracts such a small percentage of the player base.

Last edited:

Magdaddy

they did bring it back, server was dead in 2 weeks

Not enough interest to put the already extremely limited dev time into a mode that attracts such a small percentage of the player base.
The PvP community in this game just non-stop griefs every time they can and then complains about not having a server after normal people get sick of being griefed and quit. It's a truly hilarious circle of self destruction.

Last edited:

Des hen

The marketplace and class balance is the only turn off for me. Otherwise, best memories I've ever had in any game.
Daybreak's marketplace, money grab, really hurt.