In Voting All Classes Prestige AA - Potent Medium

Aeras

Every class gets 2 prestige AA's that slightly increase a stat. This one gives fervor and fervor OC and when you look at how much fervor we have at the level cap, it's easy to see that the AA hardly gives anything in comparison. I suggest making these AA's scale with level.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Vlkodlak

This AA is in dire need of upgrading. I would not be opposed to it having the same mechanic as we did for the Shadowed Ethereal: insert stat here those years ago to allow us to boost up age old AA's in the Heroic and Shadow tree's. This should also mimic the parallel ability on the right side of the tree, both are far out of date.

Caith

Staff member
Developer
Current Proposed change based on the discussion above seems to essentially be encapsulated by:
Increase the base Fervor and Fervor Overcap to 50 at level 130 (Ballads of Zimara base fervor value is 47.957)
Make sure it scales up for increased level
Expansion ability scaling is approximately *1.37 for most stats, so since level increases happen every other level this would increase *1.74 per five levels
Time Investment for this change would be: 15 minutes per class

Beyoncia

Yes, how about some stats squish instead? Divide every number in the game by 1000? 10 000? 100 000? I'm sure it would be easier to balance classes and optimize the gameplay.

Airenx

Yes, how about some stats squish instead? Divide every number in the game by 1000? 10 000? 100 000? I'm sure it would be easier to balance classes and optimize the gameplay.
you can't really do that though. as much as this game is end game at the moment, you still need to have balance at the beginning phases of the game. It would be impossible to balance lower tier content with that type of stat deflation.

Beyoncia

Well, developers of lotro have managed it somehow and I doubt they have a bigger team. It should not be that hard, I'd imagine: divide everything by something: instead of doing 100 damage you'll do 10, instead of a mob having 1000 hp he'll have 100. Sure some manual adjustments will be needed of course.

The alternative is what is proposed here: keep buffing some abilities every now and then, or they'll lag behind those that scale better. I'm all for buffs, but let's face it -the change by itself won't really help priests in any form: our heals are capped anyway, noone cares about our dps, but it will make wards of classes with wards a bit stronger, though. I hope more significant changes will follow.

Last edited:

Vlkodlak

Current Proposed change based on the discussion above seems to essentially be encapsulated by:
Increase the base Fervor and Fervor Overcap to 50 at level 130 (Ballads of Zimara base fervor value is 47.957)
Make sure it scales up for increased level
Expansion ability scaling is approximately *1.37 for most stats, so since level increases happen every other level this would increase *1.74 per five levels
Time Investment for this change would be: 15 minutes per class
Thank you for putting the time and effort into updating these abilities. As all classes benefit from the increase in their perspective stats, this will be a nice boost across the platform. High five on this!

Myxx

<Into Harms Way> Maj'Dul
Well, developers of lotro have managed it somehow and I doubt they have a bigger team. It should not be that hard, I'd imagine: divide everything by something: instead of doing 100 damage you'll do 10, instead of a mob having 1000 hp he'll have 100. Sure some manual adjustments will be needed of course.
Having to do manual adjustments is the problem. I'm sure everyone, including the devs, see that inflated stats are a concern but there's not enough time to work on current content, new content, fix problems, do the thousand other things devs do and manually adjust every single encounter.
Here's how it was explained in the Ask Me Anything Q&A

"Q: Are there any plans or discussions involving a game wide stat/number squish? Is it just too much work for the team you have now or is it something that may possibly happen in the future?
Caith: There has been much discussion, but there are no plans for a game wide stat reduction for a variety of reasons. One of the primary reasons it is unlikely to happen is how content is designed in the game. EverQuest 2 was designed in a way that gives developers a lot of freedom in how they implement content, which allows them to make the content more flexible and unique. The downside of this is that developers can implement things in innumerable ways, and any rebalance of that content would be a manual process. So in short, a stat reduction would require hand tuning of almost every encounter in the game."
https://forums.everquest2.com/index.php?threads/year-of-darkpaw-ask-me-anything-responses.825/