Alin’s Serene Serenade

Rhapsodic

This is another class defining ability. The ability to decrease hate for high dps mages used to be extremely important. As this has become less and less useful and other versions of hate transfer became more powerful, the addition of the Crit Bonus Overcap for Mages only was needed to make the buff even somewhat useful. At Ancient with max leveled Vampiric Requiem the amount of CBOC added is 537.5 to mages only.

This should be remedied in 2 ways, the number should be doubled (1.2k CBOC, is given by plenty of classes right now), AND the predicate of only mages should be taken off, if it MUST be a spell that splits Mages and Tanks in this way, then make the whole spell “if not fighter” Leaving the rest of the group (including the CASTER) to benefit from the buff.

Scrappyz

I definitely agree with the second point. Punishing the bard in a way with not allowing their own group buffs to affect them is like if a healer's heal didn't heal themselves for the same amount as a tank. Also depending on who may or may not be out during a given raid/group night a troub may not have a mage in their group making that a wasted spell (but one that still gets used cuz what else are you gonna use that concentration slot on)

As for the overcap value, I think it's "ok" in its current state if the spell gets changed to be a full group buff. Although I wouldn't mind seeing it doubled as it would give extra leeway in terms of gear setup via double purple vs overcap piece.

However if I had to choose between the two points as it relates to class labor allotment or whatever it was called, I'd rather see the buff turned into a full group buff without the "if mage" restriction

Proto12

I further support the dissolving of the scout/mage split, however I personally feel that this buff should be something that gets used in specific situations, rather than an "always on by default" kind of thing. I'd rather see the cboc removed from it and put on another buff (or made into another concentration buff by itself), and the threat reduction heavily increased and applied to all non-fighter party members. This should be an opportunity for a bard to have a choice - provide the group with extremely stable hate management |or| further increase dps (or whatever other alternate option is desired).

Silverman1

YES! it could easily be doubled in the amount of cboc. Even the defiler gives like 1000 cboc to basically the whole group. as a utility it should feel powerful.
sucks for the mage when the troub isnt that having to full adjust gear around because lack of cboc since the troub would bring the equivilent of 1 piece of gear. But it would actually make it more meaningful as a troub and useful for more than just a UT bot for the warlock.