Fixed Internally A Task for Davyn - Wolf doesn't spawn

Elinea

Was really hoping to see this fixed today. I hate having those quests sitting unfinished in my journal.

Ecugia88

Wood Elf Mentor Quest - A Task for Davyn. Willow Wood, Qeynos.
I'm at the part where I should follow Wolf tracks Eastward to the small hill behind the Scribe Shop. The quest doesn't update and nothing spawns if it's supposed to. I tried deleting the quest and redoing it, same results.

Krejci

The wolf in A Task For Davyn in The Willow Wood doesn't spawn up the hill after inspecting the box by the cart outside the scribe's shop.

Baelagain

Same for me, still broken Mon 5/6. This is blocking the wood elf racial timeline series

Last edited:

Astraia

I have just done the quest Task for Davyn and have the same issue after clicking on the cart run up the hill no wolf has spawn.

Kattt

Also did this quest and had same result as above. But I noticed something, since I tried the quest 3 or 4 times to see if I could find another way to trigger the wolf. As soon as you click the crate next to the spilled cart, it dings and a wisp appears that leads you back to the npc Aelis on the docks. So one of the times I tried to follow the wisp exactly back to her and talk to her, but she just redirects me to Tavyn. I also searched thoroughly on all the hills and areas behind all the buildings just in case. Alas the wolf never spawns.
Not sure if the additional info is helpful. It is odd that the wisp appears. Almost as if the mechanics of two different quests got transposed or mixed up.

Kaitheel

EQ2 Dev -Live events, Lore & Quests
Staff member
Developer
I confirmed that there is something wrong with the rabid wolf spawn on this quest. It seems the location to trigger it is behind current zone boundaries, which would explain why it hasn't worked! I have submitted a bug track to hopefully get it resolved.

~ Kaitheel

Kattt

I confirmed that there is something wrong with the rabid wolf spawn on this quest. It seems the location to trigger it is behind current zone boundaries, which would explain why it hasn't worked! I have submitted a bug track to hopefully get it resolved.

~ Kaitheel
Thank you for looking into and getting on top of these bugs so fast! Noticed and appreciated! :)