Is artisan essentials 2 the only volume on the overlords outpost?

Phia

I can't find any skill/spell recipes on the island which is a little strange. At the scribing bench I don't have any recipes, and at the alchemy bench I only have 2 poisons.

Do you have to go to freeport to get other tier 1 recipes?

Boldac

You do. It is the same on the Qeynos side. (of course, they are missing crafting stations)

I feel like the books (at least up to L6) should be available on the island for folks to use.

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
I remember having to buy recipe books in the suburbs on one character and muling them in the shared bank over to my person on the Isle, so I suspect we're right on-target with the book situation. It was already reported in the bug forum, so it can be looked at and compared to what the database says for the time period.

Evilary

I remember being able to do some crafting quests on the Isle back in 2004. I'm not sure if an update by 2006 had taken the quests out or not. It seems like with as slow as the experience is on Beta, crafting your character some gear would be a good thing. First toon would have to skip the Isle in order funnel recipes to the isle and craft gear as you go.

I thought the point of the was to get us as close to the launch experience as possible? It just so happened that you guys had a 2006 version to work with. Sounds like other than starting neighborhoods and Main cities, we're just going to get the same old experience you guys have been trying to pass off as a Classic TLE.

Phia

I don't mind either way, my question was mostly just that. I can't remember 2004 and so have no idea if there were crafting books and quests on the island back then, and even if they were it's all changed since subcombines are gone.
Current status is ok in my view, you can easily mule books across using shared bank if you want to since you can skip both the boat and the island.

Rijacki

I miss the crafting quest on the Island in 2004. That quest not only led you to use at least one crafting stations but also showed you how to place an item and move items. I don't remember, though, how much crafting was doable other than that quest. By 2006 and the 2nd version of the Island, that first crafting quest was gone and I don't think anything replaced it. I'm pretty sure the crafting instance was there, though we might not have noticed the absence of crafting on the Island then if we already had characters on the mainland and were making alts. However, currently Overseer Outpost does have all the crafting stations while Queen's Colony does not which is pretty.. umm.. strange.

Phia

There's a very simplistic quest on overseer outpost where you talk to the npc in the crafting instance and he teaches you artisan essentials 2.

Last edited:

Ramone_AB

In Freeport, WFP tradeskill instance, you can't buy books there. Unless that was just patched in. Gonna check to verify.
Confirmed ..No books in The Coalition Crafter's Association.

Last edited:

Denmum

Wielder of the Rolling Pin of Doom
Staff member
Developer
In Freeport, WFP tradeskill instance, you can't buy books there. Unless that was just patched in. Gonna check to verify.
Confirmed ..No books in The Coalition Crafter's Association.
When in doubt, be sure to get a bug in the beta bugs forum so it can be funneled to the right spot for them to check the code for that time period and figure out if a merchant should be there and stocked or not. I don't remember if the suburbs were the only solid recipe source for a brief time or not, and don't have access to that database.